What do you guys think?

Discussion in 'Glock Photos' started by kodiak, Jun 10, 2012.

1. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Been tossing around the idea of either dura coating or cerekote-ing the frame on one of my RTF2's. Still not sold on the idea. It may come down to having to see one (any gun) in person vs. pics. I'm very picky when it comes to doing something like this because the intent of this project would be "not to look like it was sprayed" (taking the unique color out of the equation). It would have to look like the frame was molded in that color (externally of course).

I found an RTF2 done up in MAGPUL OD, and a Gen 4 done in Styr AUG Green. I like both colors, but the OD is pulling ahead in terms of preference I think.

So what do you think?

Attached Files:

Last edited: Jun 10, 2012
  2. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Don't know about the Ceracoat, But believe me The DUracoat looks better even yet in person, I am not dissapointed, as a matter of fact, I believe it overdelivered.

3. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Good input Dutchs...thanks

4. Man, every time I look at desert digital camo, and look at Nuk's winter digital camo duracoat jobs.... :)~

5. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

I like the OD Green the best, I always favor darker colors though, like Woodland Camo.

But if your operational out on the desert, crashing around in an open vehicle for a few hours, or running in column, everything ends up Desert Camo.

Desert Dust is the great equalizer.

6. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I'm voting for the Styer AUG green myself...

7. runman

runman New Member

OD green looks awesome!

8. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

So 50/50 on the color and no one telling me - "stop dummy" don't do it.

9. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

You really think many folks here would do that? ;)
    I'm getting mine done in a blue/purple color.

10. SeventiesWreckers

SeventiesWreckers Load Bearing Wall

No way I'd ever tell ya that. I ate two bags of popcorn when you & Nuke went around over the last look you were considering. I figure you know your own mind.

Attached Files:

11. NoMoss

NoMoss New Member

You'll have to post pics when you get it done. My sister's partner does security protection and has a CCW. She is talking her into getting a pistol for her own protection, but by sister has a 'unique' taste.

12. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

I vote for OD Green, Nuk did this for me.
    [​IMG]

13. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I want mine in OD green but I only have one glock and don't know if I want to get that one done or wait and get my next one done. Any way back to the OP. I'd go with witch one you think is better I personally like the OD green

14. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

lol, yeah I know! Make sure to post pics!

Ha...I still like that, just not on a RTF2. It has an inherent appeal to me.

That OD looks pretty identical, looks good. Please post more pics!

I'm leaning the same way right now.

15. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

Either choice will look great I'm sure. I went and had my frame Duracoated Coyote Brown since I live in a desert environment here in Las Vegas. I love it and definitely makes it stand out from everyone elses Glock. My next Glock will be done in a Digi Camo by Nukinfuts.

Attached Files:

16. runman

runman New Member

^^^thats a nice looking Glock!

17. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Looks good man, did Nuk do that too?

18. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

I absolutely will once I get it done. I'm also going to have my slide engraved eventually. I can't wait!

19. Djstudter702

Djstudter702 Dj Studter

No, it was done by a local guy here in Vegas before I knew about Nuk.

20. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

Im really digging that magpual od