What do you Gen 4 folks think of the back straps?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Grabber GT, Feb 6, 2012.

1. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I tried it without the back strap at first and then tried with the thickest one. My hand isn't big enough to get a good grip with the back strap so, I went back to no back strap and my groups actually improved.

2. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

All I know is it was a ***** to put on and my MBS tool came broken. Right now I have the middle size on, and will be trying it at the range tomorrow.

3. I purchased both of my gen4's because of how they feel with out any of the back straps. I also think they look like crap with any of the straps on. They mess up the lines of the gun. Glock should have taken some lessons from Springfield on the straps.

Webphiser, you dont have to have that tool. Any small solid object will work, ive pushed all 3 pins out before with an ink pen in a pinch.

4. I use an allen wrench that is just small enough to fit. Works like a charm and doesnt scaratch anything.

5. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I've handled a few Gen 4's with and without the backstraps and I personally don't need the backstraps to get a good purchase on the firearm.

6. Gen4new-guy

Gen4new-guy New Member

I love the backstraps.. I use the largest one. I had a hell of a time getting the houge on after that but I like the feel of it. I do have giant meatmittens though...the extra strap plus houge was way to much for my friend. So to each his own... I think they work good. I also got a beavertail that is fun to use at times. I put the medium strap + beavertail and houge on. A pain but fun at the range..

7. msandoval858

msandoval858 New Member

Took them out, looked at them, and put them back in the box.

I love the feel of the Gen 4 without the backstrap. I have wide hands with shorter fingers so the older Glocks always gave me issues with maintaining a comfortable grip.

8. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

I use the meduim size back strap, It feels great in my hand. Not everyone likes them or needs them, I have no problem with them.

9. havocalex25103

havocalex25103 New Member

They are nice never really shot a gun with so much curve but its actually a lot better for my grip

10. Webphisher

Webphisher Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome

Ya I used the tool built into my dads M&P 9 to put on the back strap. Once I got it on the first time it was easier. Today I finally get to go put it through its paces, more than the 10rnds I did when I bought it, so I'll get to test which one I want, if any.

11. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I am now using the fullest back strap again and changed all of them over. I noticed it the most during USPSA competition that the larger grip gave me better feel and control.

12. Diesel44

Diesel44 Instructor

I put the Medium grip on my G17. Like the size, but it just feels too flimsy for my taste. Seems soft to me.

13. g34-alex

g34-alex Member

The backstraps are awesome! I started off on the medium one and then moved to the large backstrap- it made a big difference. I have big hands and the gun by itself with no straps got lost in my grip.

14. g34-alex

g34-alex Member

I should mention also that I use the Pearce Plug in conjunction with the Gen 4 backstraps and that plug fits perfectly in the void that used to exist in the grip.

15. buildit

buildit Another gun nut

I have not used them and do not intend to. Have liked the stock grip right from the get go.

16. cmonty48

cmonty48 Member

Use the medium on my 22 and none on the 21 and the 26

17. puddlepirate

puddlepirate New Member

I don't use one on my 21. It feels great without.

18. usbpnuck

usbpnuck Member

I have a 22 and don't need the blackstrap. I tried all for feel and felt to big. Better control without them but it depends on the size of your hands. I use the small one on my H&K P2000.

19. usbpnuck

usbpnuck Member

Speaking of pierce extensions. Used them on my 27 and they pinched the hell out of my hand.

20. NvRBanArms

NvRBanArms Member

I have never had any prob with ex tenders pinching. Am I the only one. Funny too because I have fat kid hands.