What do you a Gen1 G17 is worth?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by MikeDeltaRomeo, Jul 3, 2012.

1. MikeDeltaRomeo

MikeDeltaRomeo New Member

What do you guys think Gen1 G17 is worth? Great condition, factory refurbished, mounted Trijicon ns, original fixed sights, 2 original mags, 2 Gen4 mags, and Gen3 mag; with original tupperware box with rare cartridge studs. All original paperwork.

Attached Files:

2. MikeDeltaRomeo

Here is some more pictures

Attached Files:

3. stak

stak New Member

I posted this in the 19 thread, but it is more relevant to the 17. I have since edited my 19 post to reflect my dyslexia...

Most people in the world wouldn't care about what generation it is and therefore wouldn't assign any additional value to it. In fact most would probably subtract value due to it being older and a first generation. Most people feel first anythings are where you get the problems out. For the most part in actual sales the prices reflect this. They go for $300 and up. Maybe if the serial number or manufacture date has a special meaning to somebody or they really want that Gen1, it's hard to put a premium on it otherwise. My Gen4 17 cost me $398.20 (Blue Label) and was something like $430 out the door. GSSF members can get a new Gen3 or Gen4 for $425 and your LGS is $499.

Addition: As a collectors piece the price will be somewhat diminished by the fact that it has been refurbished. Consider it like someone who has refurbished certain antiques. It is their patina which lends to their originality and the fact that they have been left untouched which adds to their value.

Last edited: Jul 5, 2012
  4. MikeDeltaRomeo

I figured that much it was a great shooter none the less. It was a good solid Glock but I traded it for a LNIB G30SF here in TX.

5. Two-Guns

Two-Guns New Member

I will trade you a Glock 27 for it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2012
  6. MikeDeltaRomeo

I already traded that G17 for a G30SF. As I stated in my previous post.