1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
4.5 xdm here

Looooove the trigger
Don't really like the relation of the bore axis center line coming off a Glock
Awesome shooter
If you dry fire a lot you WILL eventually break the striker retaining pin. I've broken two, I keep 3-5 spares on hand.
Filed strip ubber easy.
Detail Strip not as easy as a Glock, especially the slide but once you buy or make the funky tool to remove the extractor and have the proper size punch for removing the striker retaining pin then have the right starter punch to reinstall striker retaining pin so you don't damage it....not so bad.

other than that, all good

NOTE: striker retaining pin MUST be removed in the direction of bottom to top. The pin must exit out of the top of the slide. The pin is in a tapered hole.

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
My local shop keeps trying to get me to buy an XDM 5.25 for comps over a G34. I keep telling them I can't shoot one in GSSF lol. I played with one, it looks and feels nice. But given the my G34 is gonna cost me $480 vs the $789 they want for the XDM, I think I'll stick to Glock lol.

·
Banned
372 Posts
I almost bought the XDm 5.25 .45 instead of my G35! The guy at the gun show did not accept credit cards, so I left with my G35!!

·
Banned
1,214 Posts
I like the tactical model in .45 ACP. I won't buy one but I do like shooting my fellow officer's from time to time.

·
Registered
81 Posts
I had purchased the XDM bi-Tone 40 about 5 months ago and I loved it! I traded it Monday for my Gen 4 Glock 21 dark earth! I've had 3 xd's and liked them all, I just prefer Glocks and M&P's

·
Registered
285 Posts
I think they are a great civilian gun. But extra external safety is not necessary for people with proper training and as a service pistol a Glock or M&P is more suitable. And of course this is my opinion. But if u like it you can't go wrong.

·
Registered
369 Posts
My bro has one an I was quite impressed with how it shot! Very smooth and accurate! Still love my g22 way more though. :D

·
Registered
3,740 Posts
I have that exact gun several time and I like it pretty well. As mentioned before the only problems I have with it is that it sets to high in my hand. Other than that I think it's a great gun the back strap safety can be annoying tho

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
I'am digging the new XDs Micro .45 but they haven't hit the market yet so I can't make decisions yet.

·
Registered
55 Posts
I own 2 XDM's, a 4.5" and the new 5.25" My son and I shoot action pistol matches an love them both. Very accurate and have never had a malfunction or jam. I shoot both factory an reloaded ammo, both FMJ an lead with no issues .

Hope this helps

·
Registered
127 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
my striker retaining pin just snapped from dry firing it. Mike was saying where to get some stronger ones... oh darn

1 - 18 of 18 Posts