Glock Forum banner
481 - 487 of 487 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
9,704 Posts
Well I've found that 90 gn projectiles are good for plinking out of the 6.5 ! I rang a Mate (out of sheer desperation ) for advice as he owns a 6.5 and has done so for about 12 months! He kindly lent me some 120 gn pills and suggested a starting load! I loaded up 20 and headed back to the range ! He also suggested that maybe at my age ,that I should stop making promises that my eyes can't keep ! So I swallowed my pride and sighted the rifle for 400 yds and was able to hit my 4 inch plates 10 out of 10 shots ! It's a big confidence builder , I can tell you!

·
Banned
922 Posts
Been loading a lot of pistol ammo, 45acp, 9mm, 38spl, but since it's getting close to deer and elk season up here the neighbor asked me to load some 7mm mag ammo for him using his father's dies, reloading components, and recipe.
His dad had put together a very clear and accurate load book of his favorite recipes for all the calibers he shot which makes things much easier. Will do some more 7mm today using a different recipe and some .308 and 220 Swift for him later.
Damn, I'd forgotten how much powder those 7mm rounds hold! :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............

·
Registered
Glock 19 Gen 3
18 Posts
New press is mounted, cleaned and lubed. I do most of my reloading on the Hornady LnL press for pistol. I wanted something for 223 so I got a Lee classic turret press. I did 10 rounds tonight just to get it all setup. Tomorrow I’ll do probably around a hundred to get a good feel for it. So far I like and it’s not bad for the price.

·
Grumpy Old Man
9,704 Posts
Up bright and early this morning loaded up 200 rds of .223 and 100 of 6.5 ! I'm finding my 6.5 loves Hornady 120 gn V-Max! Absolute dynamite on Roos at 400 yds + I'm using ADI BENCHMARK 8208 which is in the same burning rate as Benchmark or IMR 8208 XBL class

Slight up date ! It turns out that IMR 8208 XBL is manufactured in Australia By ADI

·
Grumpy Old Man
9,704 Posts
Spent a couple of hours forming K hornet brass and then sizing it to .17 for a mate of mine . Next step is annealing it , I won't even attempt to load it these days! I suffer from old age and fat finger syndrome

481 - 487 of 487 Posts