Glock Forum banner
441 - 460 of 487 Posts

·
Banned
922 Posts
Loaded a couple 100 38spl and 45acp this week now changing dies on the Dillon back to 9mm to make some more ammo for the grandson.
I have 500 of these coming for the 38. Haven't used them before, my favorite 38 bullet is a 148gr SWC, but they look like they'll be good for target or defense.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

·
Grumpy Old Man
9,704 Posts
"I couldn't find where I put the 44 caliber bullets"
Don't you hate when that happens?
And as I age it seems to happen more often. :unsure:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................
I personally have a very detailed filing system on where everything I have is stored! All I have to do is remember where I put the bloody filing system and all will be well ! 😁

I once misplaced my RCBS chamfering tool ! I've had this thing for years, I know it by touch in the dark ! I was convinced somebody had taken it as a practical joke! I rang all of my mates and family and nobody had seen it ,or come to think of it really cared ! So one 50 mile round trip and I got a replacement ! A very cheap Lee chamfering tool ! I got back to the bench opened a draw to get some a shell tray and there was my Chamfering tool looking at me in the place I had built especially for it! 😡

·
Registered
623 Posts
What do you shoot the 38spl with?
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..........
I have a S&W 686 Plus four inch. Its a seven shooter that I got four years ago and I am still not use to that extra round. I got my first revolver in 1979 and the Police Academy stressed counting your rounds. So after six, I want to empty the cylinder (with a live round) and reload. But it is mostly a nostalgic range gun.

I actually like the grips. The grips was always the first thing I changed out on handguns. You get older and your perspective changes.

·
Grumpy Old Man
9,704 Posts
Loaded up 600 rnds of .223 and 200 of K hornet this morning . Had the house to myself with no distractions ! The Wife and Grand daughter went off to the range for a ladies shoot ! I imagine I'm going to get roped into reloading 8mm ,22-250 and 357 ammo tomorrow !

·
Grumpy Old Man
9,704 Posts
Loaded up 600 rnds of .223 and 200 of K hornet this morning . Had the house to myself with no distractions ! The Wife and Grand daughter went off to the range for a ladies shoot ! I imagine I'm going to get roped into reloading 8mm ,22-250 and 357 ammo tomorrow !
I reckon my parents must of been fortune tellers! I got a reprieve for a couple of days ! This morning (Thursday) My darling wife mentioned that She and the Grand Daughter are going shooting again this weekend ! That's nice I'm happy for them ! Then I was asked are you working tonight? No, I had a bad night last night so I'm having a break! Which brought .....Good you can do our reloading for us ! Followed by all the excuses why they didn't have time!
Leg Comfort Temple Wood Art

After my refusal the Girls used sterner methods to convince me !

·
Registered
623 Posts
100 rounds of 148gr 38spl button head wadcutters

Haven't tried the wadcutters at the range yet so we'll see how they work out.
Dr. Tramp, your wadcutters are Hollow Base Wadcutters or Bevel Base Wadcutters?

Years ago I was shooting PPC and I loaded HBWC over 2.8 grains of Bullseye (the classic PPC load) I substituted BBWC and at 50 yards I was "keyholing" because 2.8 grains was not enough to stabilized that round. I was supposed to bump that up to 3.9 grains of Bullseye.

441 - 460 of 487 Posts