Glock Forum banner
401 - 420 of 449 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,513 Posts
I set up my new Uniflow III 2 nights ago. Hoping to use it soon.

I used the link provided and looked at the micrometer.
How do you know if you need a small or a large?
The RCBS site had no info on that question.

Right now, I just load for pistols. If I ever mass produce rifle rounds, 556 would be the only one.
I am guessing I need the small.

Answers appreciated!
Ole Bloke provided the answer you need.

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #403 ·
View attachment 273026
Finished up 350-400 rnds of 223 70gr SP(nickle), 200 rnds of 5.56 62gr fmj (hot), 150 rnds of 223 55gr HP, and 50 or so 223 68gr HPBT match. Been working on these off and on for some weeks. Covid got me a little further along seeing as how I didn't have anything better to do.

Heyyyyyyyy THOSE look priddy snazzy Mister Allen !!!!

Primate Plant Lemur Grass Fawn

·
Premium Member
6,734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #416 ·
Thank you brother. I do enjoy loadin almost as much as shootin.
I`ve enjoyed reloading for many many many a decades. It is so rewarding Allen. Unfortunately, my disability income has forced me to stop reloading recently. I simply just can`t afford the components anymore. Especially when i was loading for both my wife an i. My wife an i have been shootin a bit of 22 rimfire lately just to try to have some fun. As where we are right now, we are done reloading. We do have quite a bit of 22 rimfire, so that will at least allow us to have a little fun for a little while yet. I enjoy seeing your reloaded ammo pictures. Reminds of countless times at the bench, makin ammo. I really do miss it. I`ve had many a friends say to me that i would rather be reloading than shooting. Yeah, they`re probably right, lol. I do l-o-v-e reloading.

·
Registered
813 Posts
I recently got 4000 Federal Premium pistol primers, 3000 small and 1000 large, from Natchez Shooters Supplies at an exorbitant price of $98.99 per 1000. Oh well, that appears to be the average price anymore and at least they have them in stock.
I still had several 1000 small and large pistol primers in my stash along with 1000s of small and large rifle and shotgun primers but with the difficulty and uncertainty of finding primers and other reloading components I figured I'd better get them while they were available.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

·
Registered
56 Posts
I`ve enjoyed reloading for many many many a decades. It is so rewarding Allen. Unfortunately, my disability income has forced me to stop reloading recently. I simply just can`t afford the components anymore. Especially when i was loading for both my wife an i. My wife an i have been shootin a bit of 22 rimfire lately just to try to have some fun. As where we are right now, we are done reloading. We do have quite a bit of 22 rimfire, so that will at least allow us to have a little fun for a little while yet. I enjoy seeing your reloaded ammo pictures. Reminds of countless times at the bench, makin ammo. I really do miss it. I`ve had many a friends say to me that i would rather be reloading than shooting. Yeah, they`re probably right, lol. I do l-o-v-e reloading.

I'm sorry to hear that. Hope you heal up soon. Stuff is crazy expensive right now, but it's bound to go down sooner or later have not been shooting much at all but I think I might go out this week on a day off. Maybe even take my Moms old 22 Mag out.

401 - 420 of 449 Posts