Glock Forum banner
361 - 380 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
596 Posts
Picked up a well used but still perfectly functioning Dillon Square Deal B press on a Dillon stand that is set up for 45acp and while 9mm and 38sp/.357 caliber conversion kits are out of stock at Dillon I was able to find them elsewhere so I'll be able to load all my main pistol calibers.
Right now I'm in the midst of taking it apart for a thorough inspection, a very needed cleaning, and lubing and I'm also waiting to hear back from Dillon about what parts I need to change over to using small pistol primers and I plan on getting tool heads for the 9mm and 38sp/.357 dies to make changing from one caliber to the other quicker and easier.
I'm definitely going to keep the RCBS single stage press for rifle ammo.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................
PS: Got the info from Dillon about what I need to use small primers and have the parts on the way.

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
Picked up a well used but still perfectly functioning Dillon Square Deal B press on a Dillon stand that is set up for 45acp and while 9mm and 38sp/.357 caliber conversion kits are out of stock at Dillon I was able to find them elsewhere so I'll be able to load all my main pistol calibers.
Right now I'm in the midst of taking it apart for a thorough inspection, a very needed cleaning, and lubing and I'm also waiting to hear back from Dillon about what parts I need to change over to using small pistol primers and I plan on getting tool heads for the 9mm and 38sp/.357 dies to make changing from one caliber to the other quicker and easier.
I'm definitely going to keep the RCBS single stage press for rifle ammo.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp................
PS: Got the info from Dillon about what I need to use small primers and have the parts on the way.
Very nice, indeed. Great that you were able to source the other conversation kits and the small primer tool

·
Registered
596 Posts
Between the actual cost of the item, the shipping fees, and Australia's insanely expensive duty taxes importing anything into Australia is prohibitive.
Even sending something small like a book to my friends in Maroochydore is crazy expensive.
Good thing that you have skilled craftsmen and technicians there that can make most of what you need.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
Joy of joys !!!!! I'm dusting off my .460 Weatherby Dies and getting the old girl out of the safe and giving her a good clean because by the middle of the week I'm getting 40 unprimed cases (at great expense mind you ) Happy Dance😍😍😍😍😍😍🥳🥳🥳! Been about 5 years since I could source brass for the old girl !

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
".460 Weatherby" o_O
Got a rampaging elephant or something wandering about? :)
Brass is available over here for the .460 but you're right; at $5.00 a piece it ain't cheap.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............
I wish it were only 5 bucks a case ! I'm paying 195 .00 for 20!!!! I brought it years ago on a whim (back in the young and stupid days ) Don't know about Rouge Elephants but we have a large military training range nearby! If a tank ever goes rouge .....They have my number ! 😁

·
Registered
596 Posts
I wish it were only 5 bucks a case ! I'm paying 195 .00 for 20!!!! I brought it years ago on a whim (back in the young and stupid days ) Don't know about Rouge Elephants but we have a large military training range nearby! If a tank ever goes rouge .....They have my number ! 😁
Damn! That's some serious money for brass.
If you decide to do some water buffalo hunting in the swamps up north it would be handy too. Unless you prefer to use the Crocodile Dundee method. :giggle:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
Damn! That's some serious money for brass.
If you decide to do some water buffalo hunting in the swamps up north it would be handy too. Unless you prefer to use the Crocodile Dundee method. :giggle:
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.................
I did some Water Buff shooting in the 80's for Pet meat. Unfortunately by the time I went North ,the Government had started culling them out and the market collapsed! In my Father's day they used .303's on them and so I tried the same but in the end settled on the 375 H&H and from a Vehicle .30-06 ! I did have a .458 Win for many years. The .460 I brought 20 odd years ago ,on a whim! I have shot camels with it but never on a commercial scale! It's more a novelty that I keep around for when I get really bored, or when there is a 'smart arse' who needs a lesson in recoil 🤣
When I fist got it I mounted a 4 power scope on it and ignored al the warnings about long eye relief! A trip to the Doctors and 7 stiches later! I replaced the 4 power with a long eye relief with a 2 .5 power Lyman pistol scope and have never shot it off a bench since! But Like Prussian Officers used to be proud of having a dueling scar! I wear my 'Weatherby Eyebrow' with distinction !

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
I got my 500 rounds of 9mm loaded today. Broke down the press and cleaned everything up including the powder drop and got it all setup for some 223 tomorrow. My plan is to reload 1,000 rounds but that’s a bit much for me in one sit down. I most likely will split it up between 2 days.
Slow and steady wins the race ! 😁

·
Registered
35 Posts
I got my 500 rounds of 9mm loaded today. Broke down the press and cleaned everything up including the powder drop and got it all setup for some 223 tomorrow. My plan is to reload 1,000 rounds but that’s a bit much for me in one sit down. I most likely will split it up between 2 days.
Dang. I'm maxed out and not having fun at about 400 rounds.

·
Registered
596 Posts
I picked up a pound of Hodgdon LongShot powder, a hundred 125gr Hornady XTP .357/38 bullets, a hundred 185gr Hornady XTP 45 bullets and managed to get out of the store for less than $100.00. WooHoo!
The LongShot works fine for 45acp and I have plenty of Hodgdon CFE for 38sp and 9mm.
Now if I could just find some small pistol primers. :(
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

361 - 380 of 383 Posts