Glock Forum banner
341 - 360 of 383 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
I bet he will KNOW you reduced it when he shoots it, lol
I've been doing some research into Dad's rifle or more importantly the calibre! Now his been using the .224 imp since 1960! Or 62 years! Now the problem really raises it's ugly head ,in the fact that we haven't been able to get IMR powders in Australia for years! So at some stage he converted to ADI powders! It took some tracking down but by using measurements of the case. It is nearly identical to a wild cat that was developed by the company who make my barrels! Sprinter! I can see that Dad and the original Gunsmith (Hector ) would of put their twisted minds together on this one ! By dropping Dad's loads by 20% I have at least brought him down to the maximum load data I could find!

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
Up early this morning ,sorting which brass is due for annealing. This afternoon I'll fire up my annealing machine and get it over and done with. I have to load up some .223 ,swift and 6mm for work. I'm pretty well stocked up with Hornet and K hornet. A lot of my rifles these days, I load as I need it.

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #343 ·
Up early this morning ,sorting which brass is due for annealing. This afternoon I'll fire up my annealing machine and get it over and done with. I have to load up some .223 ,swift and 6mm for work. I'm pretty well stocked up with Hornet and K hornet. A lot of my rifles these days, I load as I need it.
All my stuff is reloaded and ready. I don`t have anything i need to load for, and for quite awhile. I stopped reloading due to component shortages. Don`t wanna break into my stash.

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
I've been lucky so far so far as shortages are concerned! My Gun Guy ,Des has always brought up in bulk (You never know when there will be shortages) . Most gun stores are no longer shipping components interstate or even locally due to the new Dangerous Goods Tax ! Buy a box of 50 .22 from a supplier and there is a $200.00 Tax ,buy a thousand Primers, Projectiles and a ton of powder and it's the same $200.00 Tax ! Looking around, I've seen dealers that a couple of months ago were selling a pound of powder for $38.00 are now charging $138.00 for the same powder! It's going to come back and haunt these people! Des was telling me that a lot of shooters are forming syndicates and buying straight from the manufactures and importers! There by boycotting the dealers who have marked up their prices!

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #345 ·
I've been lucky so far so far as shortages are concerned! My Gun Guy ,Des has always brought up in bulk (You never know when there will be shortages) . Most gun stores are no longer shipping components interstate or even locally due to the new Dangerous Goods Tax ! Buy a box of 50 .22 from a supplier and there is a $200.00 Tax ,buy a thousand Primers, Projectiles and a ton of powder and it's the same $200.00 Tax ! Looking around, I've seen dealers that a couple of months ago were selling a pound of powder for $38.00 are now charging $138.00 for the same powder! It's going to come back and haunt these people! Des was telling me that a lot of shooters are forming syndicates and buying straight from the manufactures and importers! There by boycotting the dealers who have marked up their prices!
To many people over here in the USA are still to stupid, and will pay whatever the sellers want for the stuff. I`m done with it, i`m not paying the gougers a single penny. Besides, i have far more than enough put away, for the rest of my life. And given my health problems, the wife will be very rich when she sells all my stuff off. She doesn`t reload, so its of no use, to her. Lately i`ve been thinking about getting rid of alot more of it. The guys at the club will take all i have, easily. Last month i gave away alot of stuff to friends and family, and the club. Its time to start down sizing anyway.

·
Registered
596 Posts
What kind of annealing machine do you have?
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............

·
Registered
596 Posts
Some friends and I have been considering pooling our resources to buy reloading components in bulk but the problem is that there's little or nothing out there to buy, especially primers.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Some friends and I have been considering pooling our resources to buy reloading components in bulk but the problem is that there's little or nothing out there to buy, especially primers.
When I was actively competing, some fellow competitors and I did this. At that time "bulk" for primers was 500k min and the savings wasn't huge. Most of the savings was in shipping.

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
What kind of annealing machine do you have?
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..............
Product Gas Font Machine Audio equipment

The company that manufactures them is owned and operated by Veterans ! By changing the wheels you can do from 22 hornet up to 50 cal and the feed ramp of course! It was a bit pricey but has paid for itself several times over!

·
Registered
596 Posts
View attachment 268955

The company that manufactures them is owned and operated by Veterans ! By changing the wheels you can do from 22 hornet up to 50 cal and the feed ramp of course! It was a bit pricey but has paid for itself several times over!
Thanks. I'm going to look into that.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...........

·
Registered
596 Posts

That's their web page
Thanks. Love the simplicity of the design but it would cost a small fortune to ship it so I'll see if they have any US distributors.

341 - 360 of 383 Posts