Glock Forum banner
321 - 340 of 383 Posts

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
I'm that impressed with the 36 gn pills and Lil Gun I've got my Barrel Guy , running up a 23 inch K hornet barrel for the Bruno with a 1:16 twist and one in the same twist for my Martini Hornet! also 23 inch ! Both in medium weight! His scratching his head as I only got the K barrel last year!

A Savage 22-250?:eek: Well there`s your problem! :LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL::ROFLMAO::LOL: Might as well use those Savage`s for a walkin stick, or a baseball bat!!!

Hey, don't blame me ! It's not my rifle! 'She who must be obeyed ' , brought the thing and it's brother in .223! I told her Buy Rugers! Did she listen? NOOOOOOOOO! Just buy second hand Rugers I said and re-Barrel em, I said ! One in .223 the other in the True undisputed king of the .224s, the Swift !!!! Did she listen? NOOOOOOO ! I warned her that when you load 22-250s you have to attach a miniature Ventolin Inhaler to the projectile! Because once they reach 300 yds their out of breath! Whereas with the .220 Swift ,as the projectile reaches 600 yds, it gets it's second breath! Now not to exaggerate 🙄 When I use the Swift I have a spotter on the horizon, so they can identify the targets so far away, the curvature of the earth interferes, with my sight picture! 🧐😜😜🤣

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
Doesn't the curvature of the earth help with drop long range?
Mate your opening a 'can of worms' on this one ! The major problem with long range shooting is not the curvature of the earth but the 'CORIOLIS EFFECT'! This is the rotation of the earth! In the northern hemisphere a projectile will travel to the right and in the southern hemisphere to the left! There is a mathematical formula to calculate this! The same as atmospheric conditions affect the velocity of a projectile! Mere mortals, like us don't worry about this type of thing ! When I was learning to shoot ,it was beaten in to, me that shooting up hill or down hill affected the. trajectory of the projectile! I've never had any problems through!
As a matter of interest to Griddler ,I found a photo of the development of the .220 Swift and the engineers who worked on it
Sky Vehicle Wheel Tire Composite material

Compared with a Photo of the development of the .22-250

Human body Textile Art Painting Font

😁 😁 😁 🤣🤣🤣🤣 ( I can't wait to see his come back on this one 🤗) Love Ya Mate !

·
Registered
596 Posts
Surely ,you don't subscribe to the idiotic theory that the world is round? Heresy I say! Heresy! Next thing you'll try and tell me that, Women have got the vote! Bah Humbug Sir! Bah Humbug! 🧐 🤣
I've even been told that the sun and planets don't revolve around the Earth and there are no canals on Mars! :eek:
If you lived all your life out on the Nullarbor Plain around the Cook train station it would be quite easy to believe that the Earth is flat wouldn't it? :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #327 ·
Mate your opening a 'can of worms' on this one ! The major problem with long range shooting is not the curvature of the earth but the 'CORIOLIS EFFECT'! This is the rotation of the earth! In the northern hemisphere a projectile will travel to the right and in the southern hemisphere to the left! There is a mathematical formula to calculate this! The same as atmospheric conditions affect the velocity of a projectile! Mere mortals, like us don't worry about this type of thing ! When I was learning to shoot ,it was beaten in to, me that shooting up hill or down hill affected the. trajectory of the projectile! I've never had any problems through!
As a matter of interest to Griddler ,I found a photo of the development of the .220 Swift and the engineers who worked on it
View attachment 268022

Compared with a Photo of the development of the .22-250

View attachment 268023

😁 😁 😁 🤣🤣🤣🤣 ( I can't wait to see his come back on this one 🤗) Love Ya Mate !
Dog Eye Dog breed Carnivore Whiskers

Dog Carnivore Working animal Ear Font

Baaaaaaaaaahahahahaaaaa:p:giggle:

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
I've even been told that the sun and planets don't revolve around the Earth and there are no canals on Mars! :eek:
If you lived all your life out on the Nullarbor Plain around the Cook train station it would be quite easy to believe that the Earth is flat wouldn't it? :)
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............
The Nulabour Plain! Where the Horizon is in your back yard! 🥺
On Starling Patrol on the coast!
Brown Cloud Sky Bedrock Wood

Sky Plant Natural landscape Plain Landscape

Proof the earth is flat !

Love it 👏🥳

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #329 ·
Lookin like i got some 9mm & 45acp to load up now. Couple LEO buddies hollered out to me, asked me to come shoot with them at the club today. So, i did.
Had a great time kickin their butts with THEIR own weapons!!!! Used up some of my own ammo. One of the guys had a REAL NICE Wilson Combat 1911 (CQB i think?).
He let me shoot that sweet gun all day, my g_a_w_d what a sweet shooter! I knocked the hell out of the bullseyes with it. He commented that i shot it way better than he did.
When he bought it, he special ordered it with the steel frame vs aluminum. Oh man you could tell... so super smooth and hardly felt the recoil. Not one hiccup either!

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
Lookin like i got some 9mm & 45acp to load up now. Couple LEO buddies hollered out to me, asked me to come shoot with them at the club today. So, i did.
Had a great time kickin their butts with THEIR own weapons!!!! Used up some of my own ammo. One of the guys had a REAL NICE Wilson Combat 1911 (CQB i think?).
He let me shoot that sweet gun all day, my g_a_w_d what a sweet shooter! I knocked the hell out of the bullseyes with it. He commented that i shot it way better than he did.
When he bought it, he special ordered it with the steel frame vs aluminum. Oh man you could tell... so super smooth and hardly felt the recoil. Not one hiccup either!
I love it when you use a firearm and something about it just 'Clicks' ! You just know your going to shoot like steam! My wife is scratching ,her head at the moment . I brought a couple of hundred Hornet cases today, she asked if I was reforming them to 'K" and was shocked when I replied that their for the martini ! It's almost a superstation with me ! Every year I shot foxes in the Past i started with new brass for the season and have only used the Martini because I know when I squeeze the trigger, the Fox is already history! Hopefully the new barrel will be here shortly and with the 36gn Speers and lil gun and a small pistol primer. The groups that I'm shooting out of a worn barrel are going to tighten up even more

·
Registered
596 Posts
The Nulabour Plain! Where the Horizon is in your back yard! 🥺
On Starling Patrol on the coast! View attachment 268121

View attachment 268122
Proof the earth is flat !

Love it 👏🥳
It was trippy when the Indian Pacific stopped in Cook. Got off and looked one way and the tracks disappeared in a perfectly straight line into the distance and when I turned the other way and they did the same thing.
Except for the red dirt the second pic looks a lot like the Llano Estacado, the Staked Plains.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp...............

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
"Talk about government 'bureaucracy' It was punishable by death or castration to cross the border in to SA"
Your tax dollars at work. :)
What are the foxes munching on?
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp............
They follow us because of the blood coming off, the Roos hanging off the side of the truck as I bleed em out! Then when I have about 5 ,I stop and Gut them. It's like a 'Howard Johnston's' for the foxes

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #338 ·
Loaded up some 22 Hornet. I put some 30 grain pills on top of Hodgdon Lil`Gun.
Heading to the range shortly. I have to sneak out of here while wifey is at work.
I moved my scope, so i need to get a head start, or the wife will out choot me.

:devilish::giggle:

·
Grumpy Old Man
8,478 Posts
Dad is visiting and brought up a heap of .224 improved (a 303 -22 variant) to load up! His eye sight isn't the best anymore so he got me to load em! I asked him 3 times about the powder charge? This has been his secret for many years! To be honest , I don't know how his lived to be 91 yrs old! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 ! He doesn't realise it but ,I've reduced the load by 20 % !

·
Premium Member
6,407 Posts
Discussion Starter · #340 ·
Dad is visiting and brought up a heap of .224 improved (a 303 -22 variant) to load up! His eye sight isn't the best anymore so he got me to load em! I asked him 3 times about the powder charge? This has been his secret for many years! To be honest , I don't know how his lived to be 91 yrs old! 😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 ! He doesn't realise it but ,I've reduced the load by 20 % !
I bet he will KNOW you reduced it when he shoots it, lol

321 - 340 of 383 Posts