Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
56 Posts
I got my 500 rounds of 9mm loaded today. Broke down the press and cleaned everything up including the powder drop and got it all setup for some 223 tomorrow. My plan is to reload 1,000 rounds but that’s a bit much for me in one sit down. I most likely will split it up between 2 days.
Dang. I'm maxed out and not having fun at about 400 rounds.

·
Registered
56 Posts
My order of 2000 large pistol primers from Natchez Shooters Supplies arrived this morning. They cost, not including the tax, shipping, and hazardous material fees, about 3 times what I used to pay per 1000 but in today's world that's become the norm.
Next month, if they're in stock, I plan on getting 2000 small pistol primers. I've been using standard small rifle primers for my 38spl loads and saving the small pistol primers for the grandson's 9mm Glock ammo.
The small rifle primers work fine, with an adjusted powder load, in my hammer fired revolver but I'm not sure they'll work reliably in a striker fired auto loader pistol.
I do plan on loading a few 9mm rounds using SR primers though to see how they work out. If they do work I'll keep using SP primers for 9mm but will know that I can use SR primers in case of an emergency.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.........
No Sir. Tried small rifle primers with a Glock. No bueno. Would not set them off,

1 - 20 of 28 Posts