Glock Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
What do you shoot the 38spl with?
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp..........
I have a S&W 686 Plus four inch. Its a seven shooter that I got four years ago and I am still not use to that extra round. I got my first revolver in 1979 and the Police Academy stressed counting your rounds. So after six, I want to empty the cylinder (with a live round) and reload. But it is mostly a nostalgic range gun.

I actually like the grips. The grips was always the first thing I changed out on handguns. You get older and your perspective changes.

·
Registered
611 Posts
100 rounds of 148gr 38spl button head wadcutters

Haven't tried the wadcutters at the range yet so we'll see how they work out.
Dr. Tramp, your wadcutters are Hollow Base Wadcutters or Bevel Base Wadcutters?

Years ago I was shooting PPC and I loaded HBWC over 2.8 grains of Bullseye (the classic PPC load) I substituted BBWC and at 50 yards I was "keyholing" because 2.8 grains was not enough to stabilized that round. I was supposed to bump that up to 3.9 grains of Bullseye.

·
Registered
611 Posts
Update: I shot the wadcutters from about 5 yards and they grouped nicely and made very distinctive round holes. They also completely penetrated through a couple hardwood pallet 2X4s though I wasn't able to recover any of them to see what they looked like afterwards.
Ride Safe. Dr.Tramp.............
Excellent. I was just thinking about you and your wadcutters.

I missed my Range Dates I planned for Wednesday and Thursday because my buddies bailed out on me. So today I decided I'll go by myself. Well the place was packed so I left and will try again on Monday.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts