Glock Firearms banner
6541 - 6560 of 6567 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Why didn’t you get a 24 rounds (or a 19 rounds) magazine instead?
i need the 10 rd magazine to get the base plate closer to the receiver, then add the mag extension to get 20 rds but a better looking magazine.

i have a 20 rd pmag and 33 rd glock mag. Just want a mag setup that is a little more clean looking and match the pistol.

Air gun Trigger Machine gun Gun barrel Gun accessory

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
My swampfox kingslayer reflex sight showed up yesterday, got it mounted today and sighted in with my bore sighter. Just have to do done figuring but i believe a .600 rear sight and a .500 front sight will work out just right and be a lower cowitness. Also i found out the with the brace all the way in is the most comfortable as it about centers the reticle in the sight, if you extend the brace all the way out it moves the view of the reticle up a little more in the sight.

Air gun Trigger Gun barrel Machine gun Gun accessory

Air gun Trigger Sports equipment Machine gun Gun barrel

Plant Leaf Wood Tints and shades Symmetry

I set zero for 15 yards. About worked out perfect, in between the dot and the lower vertical line is 10 yards and at the top of the lower vertical line is 7 yards

Stairs Automotive tire Road surface Chair Gas

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
637 Posts
My swampfox kingslayer reflex sight showed up yesterday, got it mounted today and sighted in with my bore sighter. Just have to do done figuring but i believe a .600 rear sight and a .500 front sight will work out just right and be a lower cowitness. Also i found out the with the brace all the way in is the most comfortable as it about centers the reticle in the sight, if you extend the brace all the way out it moves the view of the reticle up a little more in the sight.

View attachment 247782

View attachment 247783

View attachment 247784

View attachment 247785

View attachment 247786

I set zero for 15 yards. About worked out perfect, in between the dot and the lower vertical line is 10 yards and at the top of the lower vertical line is 7 yards

View attachment 247788
what did that tree ever do to you

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Did some figuring last night on the iron sights. I took some pieces of tape and folded them to the height of the different sight options available. The .600 rear plain and .500 front plain serrated sights would work best but would cost me the same as the .507 rear plain and .407 front tritium with green outline. Found them online for about $57 shipped for the set. Gonna try them and see. I guess i can always go up to the .600 and .500 set if needed. I could also pair a .600 plain sight with the .407 tritium sight but it will raise the point of impact.
Rectangle Grey Automotive tire Gadget Font

·
Faithful Member
278 Posts
That's the critter I just picked up. At this price considering picking up a few more for down the road builds. Being Multi-caliber makes it a nice thing to have at hand.

·
Registered
972 Posts
PSA is dropping prices to pre-biden and doing free shipping too. I did see a floating upper with a FN CHF chrome line barrel for $499.
If you've been on the fence time to jump on something IMO.

They have a midlength nitride "classic" and then buy the lower with free shipping it's $510+tax. Great starter complete AR. I like middies more than carbine length.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
Went to the range with my dad monday and he finally got to shoot his 7.62x39 ar that i got him for his birthday. Bear creek arsenal 16” upper with a aero precision lower. Did have a few issues though. The first issue we had and ive heard people complain about is that on the bca side charging upper the round charging handle works loose, no big deal i just tightened it after every mag, may try red loctite and maybe a lock washer. Next we ran into primer strike issues, only had the issue on the military surplus ammo, no issues on new brass ammo but you can tell the primers are set in deeper on the surplus ammo compared to the new brass, so i assumed that was our issue. Also and this is the one i need your guys input on, the bolt wouldnt lock back after the last round, however if you have a empty mag in and pull the bolt back it will lock open so i know its not a issue with the bolt catch mechanism itself but seems as though i might need to swap the buffer and or spring? I have a standard carbine buffer and spring in it now that came with the psa lower kit. Ive contacted bca and asked them what buffer and spring they recommend for 7.62x39 but havent heard back yet.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
41,430 Posts
Went to the range with my dad monday and he finally got to shoot his 7.62x39 ar that i got him for his birthday. Bear creek arsenal 16” upper with a aero precision lower. Did have a few issues though. The first issue we had and ive heard people complain about is that on the bca side charging upper the round charging handle works loose, no big deal i just tightened it after every mag, may try red loctite and maybe a lock washer. Next we ran into primer strike issues, only had the issue on the military surplus ammo, no issues on new brass ammo but you can tell the primers are set in deeper on the surplus ammo compared to the new brass, so i assumed that was our issue. Also and this is the one i need your guys input on, the bolt wouldnt lock back after the last round, however if you have a empty mag in and pull the bolt back it will lock open so i know its not a issue with the bolt catch mechanism itself but seems as though i might need to swap the buffer and or spring? I have a standard carbine buffer and spring in it now that came with the psa lower kit. Ive contacted bca and asked them what buffer and spring they recommend for 7.62x39 but havent heard back yet.
I’ve got the same problem with my.300BO build.
mil-spec 7.62x39 has harder primers, not a problem for AK style guns but AR’s can be a bit finicky.
Wondering what magazines you are using. I’ve only seen the Duramag as working perfectly in 7.62x39 ARs.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
I’ve got the same problem with my.300BO build.
mil-spec 7.62x39 has harder primers, not a problem for AK style guns but AR’s can be a bit finicky.
Wondering what magazines you are using. I’ve only seen the Duramag as working perfectly in 7.62x39 ARs.
was using a 20rd duramag i believe

·
Registered
Fox Pepper Spray and....................
637 Posts
complain about is that on the bca side charging upper the round charging handle works loose, no big deal i just tightened it after every mag, may try red loctite and maybe a lock washer.
yes they do and fall off your rifle when you have it in the rifle mount of your 4 wheeler driving normal around the woods.
I had to give them my first born, receipt, and they sent me another one for free, I offered to pay but they didnt accept it.
I would use blue lock tite personally.

·
Registered
3,968 Posts
yes they do and fall off your rifle when you have it in the rifle mount of your 4 wheeler driving normal around the woods.
I had to give them my first born, receipt, and they sent me another one for free, I offered to pay but they didnt accept it.
I would use blue lock tite personally.
I agree with your blue loc site recommendation,I use it for a similar charging handle on a JRC PCC and it's never come off other than when I remove it for cleaning.

Reactions: j102

·
Registered
972 Posts
This site is not consistent on notifications. Just read this post. Per our PM's did you go to a heavier buffer? Also name the ammo you were using. Brass case is what MFR? Gecko? If so it might be short stroking. That stuff is known to be weak and is really designed for comblock weaponry. I also didn't realize you are running a side charging upper. I have no experience with those type of uppers.

·
Premium Member
1,251 Posts
This site is not consistent on notifications. Just read this post. Per our PM's did you go to a heavier buffer? Also name the ammo you were using. Brass case is what MFR? Gecko? If so it might be short stroking. That stuff is known to be weak and is really designed for comblock weaponry. I also didn't realize you are running a side charging upper. I have no experience with those type of uppers.
hey no worries, no i havent tried a heavier buffer. I need to do some more testing with it, ended sending the upper back to bear creek arsenal for their gen2 upgrade program. The gen2 side charging upper has a new charging handle design to prevent the charging handle from loosening like in the gen1 which we experienced at the range. I dont remember what brand the brass cased ammo was but had no issues cycling just wouldnt hold the bolt open on the last round. The steel cased military surplus ammo is what wouldnt fire, we believed the steel cased military surplus 7.62 primers are set in further. I bought him some new brass ammo for fathers day for him to try. We werent paying attention to the ejection pattern what do i need to look for?

·
Registered
972 Posts
hey no worries, no i havent tried a heavier buffer. I need to do some more testing with it, ended sending the upper back to bear creek arsenal for their gen2 upgrade program. The gen2 side charging upper has a new charging handle design to prevent the charging handle from loosening like in the gen1 which we experienced at the range. I dont remember what brand the brass cased ammo was but had no issues cycling just wouldnt hold the bolt open on the last round. The steel cased military surplus ammo is what wouldnt fire, we believed the steel cased military surplus 7.62 primers are set in further. I bought him some new brass ammo for fathers day for him to try. We werent paying attention to the ejection pattern what do i need to look for?
Are you running the BCG fairly wet? Not sure on the Mil-Spec primers. Probably harder than the regular ones. Does BCA use extended tip firing pins? I have some green lacquered Wolf Mil-Spec (Barnaul) that didn't want to go bang in an AR47. Good solid hits. They didn't go bang on several.

Not sure on the ejection patterns.

6541 - 6560 of 6567 Posts