What did you do to/with your AR today?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Jweeks, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Olga17

Olga17 C19 sounds like G19 Supporter

3404speed, mattm, Bayou and 1 other person like this.
  2. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

Totally tactical!! I have a similar setup. It's the urban model designed to hold a 24oz Colt45. Helps with muzzle rise. It varies with how much is left in the can......... the screw top bottle adds weight, and deters spills. [​IMG]

mattm, Danzig, Olga17 and 1 other person like this.

3. NQNPIII

I have 2 PSA uppers with that style hand guard. Haven't shot them. Add on trinkets are few and far between to get for those. Probably the reason for the wait.

Bayou likes this.
  4. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

That was the only direct attach hand stop I could find anywhere. They make the same parts that attach on a pic rail & M-Lok, or Key-Mod foregrips but the pic rail hand stop would have stuck out more would not have been as comfortable to use. Since I have no problem at all with the std. M4 foregrip and wanted to keep it, this was the only direct attach option like it I could find. The vertical & angled foregrips just get in your way when you’re in a hunting blind.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2020
    Danzig likes this.
  5. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

This. That's more than I paid for my last two Trijicon MRO's. They were used, bought off ebay when the new "MRO Patrol" came out and guys were jumping on the latest-&-greated bandwagon, but work as well as new ones.

I did get a bad one once when buying used, but Trijicon replaced all the internals (everything but lenses & housing) at no charge even though I told them I'd bought it used. I've bought three MRO's used, and feel like I've come out miles ahead that way; paying something like $750-$800 for all three combined. Two were in perfect shape, and the third one got rebuilt under warranty. Very happy with them and recommend watching ebay & other online sites when a new iteration or generation of red dots come out. Some guys just have to have the newest version, and sell off their perfectly good previous-generation ones cheap to help foot the bill. Just as with vehicles, when this year's model comes out, last year's identical model gets magically cheaper. :cool:

Bayou, Danzig and NQNPIII like this.
  6. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

GA
    Gotcha.

Bayou likes this.
  7. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member Supporter

Bayou likes this.
  8. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

both seem to be fine, both of them eject fine, load fine. I have a 5.56 upper on my GF also. I have heard there were some QC issues.

Bayou likes this.
  9. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I just remembered that I was supposed to quit showing pictures of my guns that had the serial number showing. I need to make sure I’m wide awake before I post anything in the future.

10. NQNPIII

Member on another forum had issues with his BCA bolt carrier group.

I bought 2 complete uppers from Combat arms back in January. The machining on one of the carriers wouldn't let the locking lugs line up with the barrel extension slots. The guy sent me a new BCG.

11. Firedog

yes sounds like something similar, guys were having feeding issues, the ramp was poorly machined on the other forum I was on, hahaha maybe same forum

3404speed likes this.
  12. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member Supporter

We will see, i got one going on a budget buil anyway. Gonna be primarily for the range

13. PaPow

PaPow Well-Known Member Supporter

NunYah
    I see you folks talkin about a BCG here, so...

Issue with an AR 5.56
    What is a decent BCG for an old retired guy that dosent have a wealth of money to spend. I have a BCG that seems to give me feeding issues, or at least it seems that is the problem anyway.

Whats happening is, is when i release the bolt, it jams the cartridge when its going up into the chamber. I tried different mags thinking that might have been it, but that didnt fix it. I have all sorts of different mags, but that dosent seem to change anything. But if i change out the BCG, the gun works fine.

I tried the troubled BCG in another gun, had the same feeding issues, so i`m going to guess its a bad BCG (?). I`m new to the platform, so if i`m out of line here, please let me know. I`m still learning.

14. Bish1309

Bish1309 Active Member

I'm no expert but have successfully disassembled and reassembled my BCG for cleaning purposes after having the rifle at my range. Have you tried that? I think I may have even pioneered a very effective way to reassemble it incorrectly.

PaPow and 3404speed like this.
  15. Olga17

Try swapping the bolt between those two carrier groups and see if the issue follows the bolt.
    Think the bolt could be flipped 180 degrees?

Bish1309 and PaPow like this.
  16. PaPow

NunYah
    Yes sir, i did assemble it correctly. No difference.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Bish1309 likes this.
  17. PaPow

NunYah
    Nope, the bolt is installed correct. I personally think the bolt itself is junk. I`ve now tried it in 3 different guns now, still malfunctions. I`m going to order a new complete BCG and be done with it.

In the mean time, i`m going to measure ALL the dimensions of each gun and see if this one particular gun might be a bit out of spec within the upper and causing it to maybe run to tight. Already replaced the recoil spring and buffer before i tried to put the BCG in another rifle.

If anyone knows of a good BCG without spend a gazillion dollars for one, let me know.

Thanks! ;)

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
    Olga17 likes this.
  18. Olga17

If the issue does follow the bolt just buy another bolt?
    Maybe don't need a complete BCG?

j102 likes this.
  19. Firedog

I bought a AR10 that only had one mag run through it. It wouldn't eject correctly, some times jam up and other times you could hold your hand directly under the ejection port and the brass would roll out of the receiver and into your hand. My FFL had me buy a JP Enterprises BCG. I tried cutting the buffer spring, getting different buffers but the BCG was the answer.