What did you do to/with your AR today?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Jweeks, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    Scary thing is when you order or have your gun at a FFL going out of business. Seen it a few times. On one of the occasions I found out that the ATF had all the defunct FFL’s items held by another FFL. The customers were very happy I found their stuff. I believe everyone got their stuff back. Another place in McKinney Texas went out. Owner had some major issue. I think a bunch of people got screwed on that one.

NQNPIII and Bayou like this.
  2. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

McKinney, Texas is the home of the late Carroll Shelby. I still use his chili mix to this day.

mattm and Danzig like this.

3. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

FINALLY sent BCA my first born, SS card and blood type and they are sending me a new side charging handle for Beowulf. I even offered to pay for it, wasn't looking for a freebie, I told them I'm not a Demorat.

Glockfinger, mattm, PaPow and 4 others like this.
  4. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

IMG_20201011_071307425.jpg got my light, prism scope, sling and sights...installed them and will be zeroing gun in after todays Utah Permit class. Got the tri witness project on my shorter other going on as well...:D

Last edited: Oct 11, 2020
    j102, Bayou and Danzig like this.
  5. Greywood

Greywood Low speed High drag Supporter

GA
    Added magpul stuff and ordered more...lol 20201012_171526.jpg

PaPow, Bayou, j102 and 3 others like this.
  6. Firedog

BCA came through after submitting my DNA, first born and my ex's SS#:D. Received my charging handle for the Beowulf.

34MOS, PaPow, Bayou and 2 others like this.
  7. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

All I did was take my AR out of the case and wipe it down with a silicone cloth again. I’m in ammo conservation mode now and it’s not fun at all.

j102, Greywood, Danzig and 3 others like this.
  8. Greywood

GA
    Got more magpul stuff today! New trigger guard and grip. 20201017_145705.jpg 20201017_145714.jpg

Lucian_253, Bayou, TheKraken and 3 others like this.
  9. BlackGuns4Fun

BlackGuns4Fun Well-Known Member Supporter

Like your AR. Love the Eotech. Not crazy about the BAD lever. Tried one on a friend's AR once. Just couldn't get used to using my trigger finger inside the trigger guard to release the BCG.

Greywood likes this.
  10. NQNPIII

NQNPIII Well-Known Member

Muscle memory. I learned it right away. Love 'em!

My brother is a lefty and he did use his until he had it inspected and qualified it as his duty weapon. They are weird about what you can or can't do. If he has a scope or red dot he can't have it in the locking bracket in the car. Has to be in a case or bag. Has to have his 30rd mags downloaded to 28. Nothing in the chamber.

I really like the lever. Some trainers poo-poo them. Not sure why. I'm sure they have valid reasons.

11. NQNPIII

[​IMG][​IMG]2 types selling quick! Amend2 JSE surplus. Just got the email they had them in stock.

3404speed, Bayou and Danzig like this.
  12. Greywood

GA
    This is 2nd bad lever I've used. It took awhile for me to get used to it,but now its a must have for me.

NQNPIII likes this.
  13. NQNPIII

Tiger Rock makes a nice one too. I have both.

Greywood likes this.
  14. 34MOS

34MOS Well-Known Member Supporter

My Wulf...

post some pics when you have her all dressed up. B33506CC-3AEB-499B-90F3-7E398EE91CFA.jpeg

Danzig and NQNPIII like this.
  15. Firedog

sure will , but mine is not as dressed up as your's.

34MOS likes this.
  16. NQNPIII

Make sure you have a digital tactical cup holder like all the cool kids do.

17. 34MOS

34MOS Well-Known Member Supporter

Still your fifty

18. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

Just purchased a AR palmetto armory chambered in 9 mm I will pick up Friday.I will eventually read all 308 posts but I need you guys to recommend a budget optic.I know very little about this subject.

Danzig likes this.
  19. Defendandprotect32

Defendandprotect32 Well-Known Member

20. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

You are going to love it. I have a PSA 9mm with a 8” barrel and it has run flawlessly with any ammo I put through it.
    I have not put an optic on mine yet, but most people put a Sig Romeo 5 red dot, a Vortex red dot or any of the Holosun series red dots in the same price range.

[​IMG]

Defendandprotect32 and Bayou like this.