What did you do to/with your AR today?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Jweeks, Apr 17, 2013.

1. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Olga17, j102 and LElliott like this.
  2. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

That is one fine looking AR; mine is much more basic

LElliott likes this.

3. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I was concerned about the tac light on my AR getting hot since I attach it right on top of a railed gas block; the setup is perfect though since it sits right at 10:00 so I can comfortably turn it on & off with my thumb. That’s why I bought an angled mount that was easily removable so I don’t have it on all the time. It’s only on when I’m night hunting and not doing enough shooting for it to get very hot.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2020
    chowser51 and LElliott like this.
  4. Firedog

Firedog Well-Known Member

took my Beowulf to camp and lost the side charging handle with a round in the chamber. Guess I will blue locktite the next one

LElliott, Danzig and Lucian_253 like this.
  5. Lucian_253

How long did you look for the missing charging handle?

6. Firedog

I haven't yet, but i am going back up this weekend for sure. I know exactly where I drove my 4 wheeler so just maybe ill find it.

on a new note just shot at a coydog 125yds, not sure if I hit it, it went back into the hedge row so I ran over to the other side pulled my rifle up and the F^%^%$^& scope is froze up. Had to power down the scope and repower not happy about, I knew I should have grabbed my GF AR, but live and learn.

Bayou and Lucian_253 like this.
  7. Lucian_253

I am the type of guy that will spend a hour looking for a $2 part, lol!

mattm, Bayou, 3404speed and 2 others like this.
  8. Firedog

oh ill go look, so far no response from BCA on side charge handle.

9. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

The standard M4 foregrip has a
    6-1/2” area for mounting a pic rail on top & bottom but I decided to take a much easier and better way out and got an Impact Weapons Components reversible weapon control handstop. No need for a pic rail now as the version of this part that I got bolts directly to the foregrip. It’s a more minimalist solution to what I wanted to accomplish. A little pricey at $30.00 for such a small part though.

LElliott likes this.
  10. Bayou

Bayou Well-Known Member

I am the same type you are; probably a little OCD like me.
    It’s not the money, it’s the fact that you don’t know where the damn thing is!

mattm, LElliott and 3404speed like this.
  11. LElliott

LElliott Well-Known Member

Plus it might cost lotsa gas, time, more money and hassle to replace it.

Bayou likes this.
  12. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Received the CMMG Resolute 9mm upper today, ordered on July 29. They said up front it would be a 10-week back order, so 8 weeks is quicker than they had claimed it would be. Haven't even opened the box yet or messed with it and probably won't until tomorrow night; have choir practice tonight and probably won't be home until 9:30 or so.

Bayou, mattm, LElliott and 1 other person like this.
  13. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Good news!

14. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Received and installed the KZ Sling Adapter today. It is well built and looks good.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. Lucian_253

Wow! I like the looks of that one a lot.

LElliott likes this.
  16. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

Thanks! It fits well, nice finish, functional.
    I like it.

17. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

best way to find the old one is to buy a new one...which is why I now have 4 identical oil filter wrenches...losing 3, well, that's what hitting 60 does to you, I guess.

18. John in AR

John in AR Well-Known Member Supporter

Only issue is that it's upper only, without a glock-mag specific lower to go with it. I can put it on the Banshee lower, or more likely on one of the normal AR lowers & use CMMG's magazine adapter kits purpose-made to let their 9mm upper use Pmags with modified internals in a normal AR upper. Either way, hope to play with it some this weekend.

19. j102

j102 Well-Known Member

I think you can just buy the Glock magazine adapter to install on a regular lower. I think...

Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    LElliott likes this.