What are you drinking?

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by LT2108, May 2, 2013.

1. Mingo

Mingo Well-Known Member Supporter

Had some Absinthe tonight. Yum.

Southlake, 34MOS, SJ 40 and 1 other person like this.
  2. Danzig

Danzig Glockin’ since 1993 Supporter

Texas
    Seeing things yet?
    :confused:

SJ 40 and jhg like this.

3. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I don't much care for mixed drinks. I like my whiskey neat. With some of the higher proofs I have to chase after every sip. Not so much with 80 proofs.

Southlake, 34MOS and SJ 40 like this.
  4. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

We can get Dickel in New Hampshire but not in Vermont,just as I can get Very Old Barton in N. Y. state,limited but not at all in Vermont,go figure but it does prove your point.

Southlake, 34MOS and jhg like this.
  5. TheKraken

TheKraken 2021, Hold my beer Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

6. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

Now that I'm past 60 I'm finding I enjoy my bourbon in a tumbler full of rocks,used to drink Whiskey and Tequila straight,my stomach ain't what it used to be.
    Thankfully peppers of differing varieties don't bother yet as I enjoy my Mexican/TexMex food too much.

Southlake, 34MOS, jhg and 1 other person like this.
  7. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I like tequila pretty well but I prefer whiskey. Haven't found a rum that I really like. I lived in New Mexico for a few years and I have spent a good deal of time in Texas. I truly love Mexican/TexMex food. I also developed a taste for Texas BBQ and Coronas.

8. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

When I was 13 the family moved to Arizona,Tucson for my fathers health and the whole family fell in love with Mexican food,darn good thing too as if you bought hot lunch in school that was what was on the menu.

Last edited: Nov 27, 2020
    Southlake, 34MOS and jhg like this.
  9. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

It was very good in New Mexico and Texas. Those folks know how to cook. I haven't found a Mexican restaurant I like anywhere else.

Southlake and SJ 40 like this.
  10. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

We should probably take this to the "what's for dinner" thread. Southlake seems to be in a banning mood. LOL.

11. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

I didn't drink much in New Mexico. In Texas at the bars and restaurants Corona was a buck apiece and 50 cents in Mexico. You could also get the hard stuff cheaper in Mexico and bring a certain amount of it back across the border. Good times.

12. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

The last time I was in Texas and New Mexico was in 06 and I couldn't locate any Lonestar in a store for the life of me. Bought a case in N. M. and somehow it wasn't as good as I remembered as when I was in my twenties and I sucked them down one after another, that or my tastes had changed/matured.

Southlake and Dark Knight like this.
  13. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Your safe 3rd bottle of champagne just went pop and I have night shift tonight lol

Southlake, 34MOS, jhg and 1 other person like this.
  14. SJ 40

SJ 40 Well-Known Member

I think I learned my lesson and now that I'm aware it won't happen again.

Southlake and jhg like this.
  15. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

That's good. I don't know how you can handle that much champagne. That stuff sneaks up on me. I can't judge when I am having too much. Before I realize it I am plastered. One bottle is about all I can handle. I thought I was a drinker but I could not keep up with you.

16. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

There is someone else at the hotel with me I’m not drinking alone lol

17. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker. Champagne usually gives good results. Sounds like you are having a good time tonight. With the pressure you are under it is probably good to blow off some steam.

SJ 40 and Southlake like this.
  18. Dark Knight

You have know idea how phucked up the situation is

SJ 40, Southlake and jhg like this.
  19. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

You are right, I don't know. I just know from the bits and pieces I have picked up in your posts that you going through a really rough patch right now. Hope things get better soon.

SJ 40 and Southlake like this.
  20. jhg

jhg Gunslinger Supporter

Now that I am 77 I find myself enjoying my whiskey sitting down. Standing and walking is a bit of a problem LOL.

Danzig, SJ 40 and Southlake like this.