What ammo works best in your Glock?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by G22GEN4, Jan 22, 2012.

1. G22GEN4

G22GEN4 New Member

Just wondering.

2. ballcoach16

ballcoach16 New Member

My 30sf eats everything I feed her, but I'm partial to Hornady Critical Defense. Lately at the range she's been fed a steady diet of 230gr TulAmmo.

3. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

I run just about any brand of .45ACP through my Glock 30SF, with Hornady Critical Defense being my EDC choice.

4. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    Winchester white box work well in mine.

5. I like to practice with Federal, Winchester, and my reloads because they're all inexpensive. For carry, I like Federal Hydra-Shok.

6. yep and cheap at walmart

7. DVCguns

DVCguns New Member

9mm, it's a G17 ;)

I've never had an ammo, or any other problem with my Glocks.

8. EvilD

EvilD New Member

I have yet to find ammo that doesn't work and I've had a Glock for a long long time

9. Redhawk41mag

Redhawk41mag New Member

Me either...only ammo that hasnt fed are the ones I havent tried yet!!

10. Have never had a problem with any of my Glocks firing any ammo

11. Another vote for Hornady Critical Defense for defensive carry. Like the other posts, I've never had an ammo issue in my 7 years of Glock shooting.

12. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

So far, pretty much whatever I put in them. The only ammo I avoid like the plague and that has given me multiple failures is the Blazer Aluminum. Even if it weren't for the failures, I don't trust it in 180gr .40 because of the pressure. Of course, I stopped shooting 180gr .40 across the board for the same reason.

13. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

I used PMC Brass because that what my range has, and it shoots fine. I'll be ordering some TUL Ammo and some from Reliant Ammo USA to test some different brands. Reliant Ammo has a guarantee that their ammo will fire, and I like that. I have a Glock 23 .40 by the way.

14. I have Been shooting Wolf Ammo 9mm and my glock chews it up and spits it out lots of post on other forums say Wolf ammo is junk i say BS i have shot a 1000 rds of it and NO ISSUES cept its a little dirty

15. Birddogyz

Birddogyz Regular Guy

All my Glocks eat what ever I feed it. I shoot 9MM, 10MM, and 40 cal Glocks I have not found an ammo they won't shoot. For SD I prefer the Hornady Critical Defence.