Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Pretty excited for my next payday (a week from tomorrow) as I am going to go purchase a 26. I never originally liked Glocks but, shooting my friend's Glocks, they have grown on me. I found a Gen3 for $499 locally and am pretty anxious to grab it!

I plan on getting 2 mag extensions and another Old Faithful holster for carry.

Just gotta decide what ammo I wanna carry in it.
I currently carry Hydrashok in my Ruger P95 & Powrball in my KelTec PF9.

Thanks guys! :)

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:
Pretty excited for my next payday (a week from tomorrow) as I am going to go purchase a 26. I never originally liked Glocks but, shooting my friend's Glocks, they have grown on me. I found a Gen3 for $499 locally and am pretty anxious to grab it!

I carry a 26 every day and after testing a few different carry ammo types, I found the Speer Gold Dot 124gr. In 9mm to perform the best. Enjoy your new Glock and be sure to share pictures when you do get it.

·
Registered
19 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:
Awesome! Thanks guys I've never shot gold dot so I'll def grab some!
I keep it loaded in 2 separate magazines I hope I never use. It packs a better wallop, and like 10mm/.40, is supposed to withstand obstruction before spreading. This particular ammo is actually a reason I believe the finicky .40 should be obsolete...(let's see if I can't start an argument with that one :D)

Only shoot enough of it to determine whether you're comfy, because as a HP +p, its pricier than most of the 9mm you send down range. Truthfully, I don't like cycling +p regularly, regardless of cost..I know everyone has a different stance on its wear and tear on the equipment, but that's where I stand.

Cheers

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
Don't forget to take a look at the G30 too while you're at it. Nothing wrong at all with the 9x19mm especially if you're be running +P but I've always just been a big fan of the ol' 45acp since it works so well as a cast bullet cartridge and I cast my own bullets to help cut the costs of reloading.
Of course if you don't reload and want something that's cheap to shoot and still packs a punch then the G26 or G19 are awesome CCW/EDC guns.
Also, you might check into getting a two year membership to GSSF for $60 bucks, then you can pick up a Blue Line Glock(comes with 3 mags instead of just two) for the LEO discount price through the GSSF. I paid $485 tax and everything out the door for the G26 that I bought back in January of 2010, can't beat that deal. Also being a GSSF member you can take the Armour's Class, attend shoots and you get the magazines from the Club too which is pretty neat.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
molshove said:
I keep it loaded in 2 separate magazines I hope I never use. It packs a better wallop, and like 10mm/.40, is supposed to withstand obstruction before spreading. This particular ammo is actually a reason I believe the finicky .40 should be obsolete...(let's see if I can't start an argument with that one :D)

Only shoot enough of it to determine whether you're comfy, because as a HP +p, its pricier than most of the 9mm you send down range. Truthfully, I don't like cycling +p regularly, regardless of cost..I know everyone has a different stance on its wear and tear on the equipment, but that's where I stand.

Cheers
Ya I wouldn't wanna put the extra unnecessary pressure on my weapon on a regular basis. I just cycle through my carry ammo about every 6 months.
For target shooting I usually shoot Federal. I don't really like Winchester, I think it's kinda dirty.

TNFrank said:
Don't forget to take a look at the G30 too while you're at it. Nothing wrong at all with the 9x19mm especially if you're be running +P but I've always just been a big fan of the ol' 45acp since it works so well as a cast bullet cartridge and I cast my own bullets to help cut the costs of reloading.
Of course if you don't reload and want something that's cheap to shoot and still packs a punch then the G26 or G19 are awesome CCW/EDC guns.
Also, you might check into getting a two year membership to GSSF for $60 bucks, then you can pick up a Blue Line Glock(comes with 3 mags instead of just two) for the LEO discount price through the GSSF. I paid $485 tax and everything out the door for the G26 that I bought back in January of 2010, can't beat that deal. Also being a GSSF member you can take the Armour's Class, attend shoots and you get the magazines from the Club too which is pretty neat.
I'll prob eventually get a 45acp. But I'm more drawn to 9mm still because I already have a bunch of ammo stock for my two 9mms already.

I don't do any reloads either. I think it'd be fun though lol.

I've only put a couple mags of +P through my two 9mms I carry now, but that's what I usually carry in them. The Corbon Powrballs are +P.

I love this forum, people seem much more friendly then others. I'll be anxiously waiting this week to go by so I can get my G26.

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
If you still have ammo for the 9x19mm then it makes sense for you to stick with it. That's why I went with the G30, I had 1100 rounds of 45acp stocked up so I'm pretty much "stuck" with that cartridge, not that it's a bad thing.LOL.
Also have loading dies, bullet mold and sizer for the 45acp so as long as the primers and powder holds out I can load and shoot all I want. ;)

·
Banned
292 Posts
If you still have ammo for the 9x19mm then it makes sense for you to stick with it. That's why I went with the G30, I had 1100 rounds of 45acp stocked up so I'm pretty much "stuck" with that cartridge, not that it's a bad thing.LOL.
Also have loading dies, bullet mold and sizer for the 45acp so as long as the primers and powder holds out I can load and shoot all I want. ;)
1100 rounds to me is not that much. I would shoot that in 3 range sessions.:)

·
Banned
1,810 Posts
1100 rounds to me is not that much. I would shoot that in 3 range sessions.:)
If you had to buy the once fired brass, cast bullets for it and load it on a single stage press you'd not say that.LOL:D

·
Registered
472 Posts
nicolasfroelich said:

Fyi i just posted a 26g3 on the glock classified....

·
Registered
665 Posts
I only know what I know on ammo from research on the net so take it for what it's worth. There is a great section, IMO, over at glocktalk with Massad Ayob who has researched and studied shootings for decades. As far as 9mm goes, Speer Gold Dot 124 +p and Ranger 127 +p+ seem to hold the top spots for effectiveness on the street. I carry both, mainly Gold Dot 124 +p as it's slightly less expensive and easy to find in my area.

·
Registered
19 Posts
bunk22 said:
I only know what I know on ammo from research on the net so take it for what it's worth. There is a great section, IMO, over at glocktalk with Massad Ayob who has researched and studied shootings for decades. As far as 9mm goes, Speer Gold Dot 124 +p and Ranger 127 +p+ seem to hold the top spots for effectiveness on the street. I carry both, mainly Gold Dot 124 +p as it's slightly less expensive and easy to find in my area.
I won't let +p+ anywhere near any of my firearms. If SAAMI doesn't recognize/regulate, it doesn't belong in my gun.

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I'll have to find a range to shoot the Speer gold dots at before I carry them. Since they're not brass cased all the ranges around here won't allow them.

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
RRoss said:
I carry a 26 every day and after testing a few different carry ammo types, I found the Speer Gold Dot 124gr. In 9mm to perform the best. Enjoy your new Glock and be sure to share pictures when you do get it.
I am really happy to read this Ross, I just picked up spear gold dot for my 40c and have been thinking about going with them in my 17

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Another endorsement for 9mm Gold Dot 124gr. Zero issues at all with it in a Sig P226, very consistent load.

·
Registered
665 Posts
I won't let +p+ anywhere near any of my firearms. If SAAMI doesn't recognize/regulate, it doesn't belong in my gun.
To each their own but the Ranger 127 +p+ has an excellent track record. Good enough for PD use, good enough for me. Of course I don't shoot a lot of it, too expensive versus target ammo. The Glock can handle it just fine, I don't lose sleep over it :D Though to be honest, my primary sd ammo is Gold Dot 124 +p, easy to find and it too has an excellent track record.

1 - 20 of 37 Posts