Weight Loss

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by nukinfuts29, May 10, 2012.

1. So my injury keeps me from working out, literally. I'm up 20 pounds and it's depressing.

So who has actually used one of these weight loss pills and which ones work? I want to modify my diet and pop a pill to take care of this issue.

2. G-23

G-23 Premium Member

Just ain't gonna work without some type of exercise....

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I have to agree... Those wait lose pills are really bad for your liver and heart

4. bfish

bfish Member

Yeah man if you get on a good diet you will be fine. If you like I can give you what I eat and without doing cardio over a two week period I lost about 6lbs and with running its fantastic. As far as pills go I've taken some that aren't "weight loss pills" but will help with what you want. Check out the omega shredder from the mass project that complete nutrition sells

Last edited: May 10, 2012
  5. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

If your not working out your going to have to count calories. it's simple math, do a search for your height/weight/age and find the average for calories burned under "sedentary". Subtract 500 calories a day and that should net 1-2 lbs per week. You need to eat 5-6 meals per day, protein with every meal, keep your fiber high, and pound the water. One multi-vitamin per day. Not eating or skipping meals will only serve to slow your metabolism down. I think you're wasting your money with pills.

6. bfish

bfish Member

There you go kodiak. You can get an app on your phone that will count them and keep you under what you need to obtain your goal. It will scan a barcode and inputs the calories for you even. Works great

7. glocknloaded

I'd be interested in what you eat

8. bfish

bfish Member

Well in the morning upon waking I eat oatmeal as a complex carb which gets the metabolism going, I would eat more but I'm not a big morning eater otherwise eggs too. You want the bulk of your food early. Later in the day for lunch I have a chicken breast and brown rice with some vegetable like broccoli. Later I also eat eggs and egg whites with wheat toast. Or the chicken and rice again At other points in the day I have protein shakes and a turkey sandwhich possibly a banana. But stick fairly strictly to just these food somewhere in my day. This can vary if you're wanting to lose weight... This is not the healthiest of diets for all nutrients so I take vitamins also. But I promise you it will keep the metabolism going and you will lose weight... Oh and don't eat late at night! I cut myself off by 8-9 depending on when ill go to sleep...Any suggestions glockednloaded? When it comes to this sort of thing no one ever has "what's best" haha

9. glocknloaded

Thanks! Oh no suggestions here I am actually taken your post in as advise to apply to myself.

10. TampaBaySean

TampaBaySean New Member

My wife takes hydroxy cut and lost like 5 lbs .

11. bfish

bfish Member

Oh ok cool. I run a couple days a week and lift 5 so the lifting is the reason for all of the protein and little bits extra like turkey sandwich before workout eggs after. It's all different from person to person. But currently is my hobby as its a little cheaper than new guns! But let me tell you if you eat this "clean" and eat something with grease. For example I had a burger after two weeks of just these foods and I didn't make it home with out a couple stops to put it nicely but you will see results not just in how you look but how you feel!

12. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

One last thing, don't just eat anything and think your good if you keep it below 500 of what you burn. You'll still lose weight, but you want to make sure it's fat and not muscle. Good protein with every meal. The average person can absorb about 20-25 grams every 2 to 2.5 hours. Don't think you can get your daily requirement in one sitting because you can't. Example, those expensive protein shakes from GNC that have like 50grams of protein in them? You will not absorb it all - waste of money and calories. Nothing wrong with a protein shake that has the appropriate amount of protein that you can absorb in one sitting. They will also have less calories than the above.

Eat clean and you will find that your portions are larger in comparison to eating crap. Plus you will be getting the most in terms of nutrients from your food. In general, the first 10lbs you loose will be water weight.

bfish has a good regiment going.

13. glocknloaded

Thanks I think its time to take control again, I used to be happy with my weight but as I got older and settled down the pounds came on. My biggest problem is meals not that I eat a lot I just don't make the best choices on what to eat mainly due to lack of how to eat healthy

14. sigpi11

sigpi11 New Member

Lost 20 pounds in 2 months. Just by not eating after 6pm, cutting back on soda and upping my water intake. That plateaued and started to gym 4/5 days a week and have lost 7 more in 2 weeks. I do a mile or so on treadmill then hit the weights. When lifting, lift as much as you can 3-10 times. This creates tiny tears in muscle which interns make the body increase metabolism to repair the tears. Incredible how much stronger I got and the weight I cut in 2 weeks. Instead of doing high reps like I use to do. I'm a big guy so the first pounds was easy. Now I'm increasing muscle weight that will burn more calories. Looking to get into my new banana hammocks before summer is over lol.

15. Exercise doesn't work for me to lose weight. The doctor says I have Metabolic Syndrome which is a fancy way of saying my body simply doesn't burn calories in the normal way when I exercise. Fortunately, dieting works really well for me. A couple years ago I lost about 60 lbs. I went from 285 to 225 and currently I'm around 230. It's still more weight than I should have but I feel so much better in this condition. Keeping the weight off only requires eating appropriately.

16. Tell me about it, and I'm on a bunch of pills already.

Right now I'm only eating 1-2 times a day, and they are small healthy meals. The problem is I'm on 6 medications and two of them have direct side effects of weight gain. One suggests up to 4 pounds for every month I'm on it, and I take it twice a day.

17. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

You can't do that man. Your body is now in storage mode because it knows your only fueling it up 1-2 times a day....and the medication is only adding to that. Seriously, 5-6 small meals every 2 to 2.5 hours. Calculate the calories as previously described and plan it out...high fiber and tons of water so you can have bowl movements every day. Water is very important, you need to be pounding it. You'll get used to it. Water at room temp is easier to pound than cold water. If you can walk, make it a point to walk around the mall and window shop everyday or something.

18. BLCKWLF

BLCKWLF GrassHopper

And I am trying to gain weight…. I was 115 when I was hospitalized in march, now I'm at 137.

19. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

and it's the same thing with water. If your not drinking a lot your body is going to retain it.

Here is an example of how it works in body building (past life). Water is constantly being pounded and being flushed out. Since the body recognizes that water intake is plenty, it does not retain it. About a day prior to stepping on stage the water is cut way back. It takes the body time to recognize that the water intake has been cut so it continues to flush the system out. That's how you get that paper thin skin ripped look. If you're not drinking A LOT I bet you are retaining a ton of water.

20. Ok lets try that. I spend most of my time in the shop. It gets close to 90 in there on hot days because I'm too cheap for a fan. You would think as much as I sweat this wouldn't be a big deal.