Glock Firearms banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, I'm a happy new owner of a GLOCK 17 and also new user to this forum, let me tell you that In my country ( Chile ) it's hard to find accesories for this brand, so I was wondering if anyone knows about a website which has shipping outside the U.S, my intention is to buy a traction grip for my G17 ( maybe in rubber or the skateboard surface material) and a tactical light for my gun ( don't know the difference between xenon or led light), so I would appreciate some orientation in order to pimp a little bit my new gun.

Thanks and best regards from Chile :)

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
About the chilean controls I do know that you need a special permission to import guns, food, medicines and some cosmetics, but there's no problem to send gun accesories as grips, xenon lights, Holsters and stuff like that, I know this cause I'm a Chilean police officer and I asked previously to the control agency.

·
Registered
13,460 Posts
If you (Pietro) can furnish a letter on official police letterhead, signed by a ranking official, and stating that the import of whatever item is being shipped is legal, and that the letter accompanied the shipment as it entered Chile, then i think the only thing anyone would need to worry about then is export restrictions outbound from the US.

That is how it is done in many cases in the Philippines. If for instance a trigger kit is purchased in the US by someone local in the US for the purpose of shipping it to the Philippines, a letter is sent to him/her from the Firearms & Explosives Group or the National Bu of Investigation, saying that that one part set (trigger kit) is being allowed to be imported to the Philippines, and ghe part and letter go into a shipping carton and sent off.

I do not know if that will work in Chile, and I do not know what the US export controls and/or Chilean import controls would be. In a situation like this, not knowing is the worst possible thing.

Hope you can find the answers you seek, Pietro.

Cheers!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Here is the link of the Chilean custom agency, for those who don't know spanish it says in the things you CAN import to Chile are guns, medicines, etc, having a special authorization which is given by the Chilean local authorities, in case of gun accesories theres no further paperwork to fill, so as I was sating in my last post I shouldn't have problems to import grips, holster and the tactical light I'm searching for.

http://www.aduana.cl/prontus_aduana/site/artic/20110621/pags/20110621152845.html#T20

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
pietroveneno said:
Here is the link of the Chilean custom agency, for those who don't know spanish it says in the things you CAN import to Chile are guns, medicines, etc, having a special authorization which is given by the Chilean local authorities, in case of gun accesories theres no further paperwork to fill, so as I was sating in my last post I shouldn't have problems to import grips, holster and the tactical light I'm searching for.

http://www.aduana.cl/prontus_aduana/site/artic/20110621/pags/20110621152845.html#T20
I'll look into it. What products you looking at buying?

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Happysniper1 said:
If you (Pietro) can furnish a letter on official police letterhead, signed by a ranking official, and stating that the import of whatever item is being shipped is legal, and that the letter accompanied the shipment as it entered Chile, then i think the only thing anyone would need to worry about then is export restrictions outbound from the US.

That is how it is done in many cases in the Philippines. If for instance a trigger kit is purchased in the US by someone local in the US for the purpose of shipping it to the Philippines, a letter is sent to him/her from the Firearms & Explosives Group or the National Bu of Investigation, saying that that one part set (trigger kit) is being allowed to be imported to the Philippines, and ghe part and letter go into a shipping carton and sent off.

I do not know if that will work in Chile, and I do not know what the US export controls and/or Chilean import controls would be. In a situation like this, not knowing is the worst possible thing.

Hope you can find the answers you seek, Pietro.

Cheers!
I dont think I've got to furnish a letter explainning the reason why I'm importing a holster or a traction grip because that's considered as regular merchandising Happysniper..... Our regulations are not that neat.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
blackwolffcf said:
I'll look into it. What products you looking at buying?
A Holster, a traction grip, xenon/led tactical light for my G17, a GLOCK carrying case, extra mags, things like that.....

·
GrassHopper
8,204 Posts
pietroveneno said:
I dont think I've got to furnish a letter explainning the reason why I'm importing a holster or a traction grip because that's considered as regular merchandising Happysniper..... Our regulations are not that neat.
But if you give me a letter I'll give you 10% off!!!

I'll send you a pm.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
I'd like to thank to blackwolf because he helped me through this process, I finally bought some products and I hope to get here ASAP (I guess there gonna get here in 2-3 weeks starting from today)

Here is the list of products

Rectangle Font Parallel Number Pattern

What do you think guys?

Attachments

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I'd like to thank to blackwolf because he helped me throw this process, I finally bought some products and I hope to get here ASAP (I guess there gonna get here in 2-3 weeks starting from today)

Here is the list of products

View attachment 17663

What do you think guys?
Outstanding!! Nice work!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I will have to be patient.... now I´m begging for the Chilean custom not to charge an extra fee when they get here... I´ll keep you posted....

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
I will have to be patient.... now I´m begging for the Chilean custom not to charge an extra fee when they get here... I´ll keep you posted....
That would be great! Always nice to know what is going on around the world! Helps us to appreciate what we have here!! Good luck Glock friend!!

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
In order to keep you posted guys let me tell you that blackwolf has sent my products via USPS, I was very dissapointed when I figure that USPS doesn't have a online tracking service, I tried using the receipt and transaction number but it didn't work, so I'll have to be patient, hope my products arrives ASAP to Chile, I'll let you know any news....

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Hey friends! In my last post I told you I couldn´t track my products because the USPS doesn´t have the online tracking service, to my surprise today I started to enter some random number in their website that appears in my receipt, and I was able to finally track my stuff, now my question goes if someone with experience on USPS tracking could explain me what´s this information means, because I honestly don´t have a clue..... thanks guys!! greetings from Chile!

Attachments

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.