Glock Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Premium Member
14,565 Posts
2 of my 9 small frame Glocks, but never noticed anything like that on the dust guard. G17 left, G19 right. Both have over 70K on them.

View attachment 262586
I was hoping you’d of seen it before if it was normal wear. I’d definitely have a professional look at it now. Can you take it back to where you bought the G33 and ask them?

·
Registered
960 Posts
Glocks are notoious for what is called a hog nose. The scuffs look consistent with the affliction. Most aren't bad enough to actually touch, and a heating and reshaping is possible, but not sure if permanent. Seems to be self correcting.
It shouldn't hurt anything and what is done is done. If you want confirmation, contact Glock, I could be off base,.
Choot It.

·
Premium Member
1,581 Posts
You should remove the sand paper from the bottom of your holster, 🤪
lol its from the holster, its a kydex but dust and dirt builds up in it and taking it out at night and sliding it back in come morning causes it to scratch, it kinda bugged me at first but its a tool, plus you see one with wear you know it gets carried. It gets pretty dirty in there with lint and dirt from wearing it all day at work. I wipe it off about twice a week and usually do a field strip every month or so

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
New Gen 4 G33 and I’ve noticed these marks on the lip of the frame, it’s probably got no more then 500 rounds out of it but I’m wondering if this is normal or maybe impact from the slide moving back and fourth? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks all
[/QUOTE
View attachment 262586
My pics of my frame has 1000’s of rounds through it. I would maybe call Glock USA & ask them or a local Glock armorer. Sorry I couldn’t help more.
so I actually ended up speaking with a Glock armorer and send in some pictures and was told it appears normal, that different models have different tolerances and that it could be flash burn or because the spring is so tight but that it’s nothing to be concerned with. I guess I feel better knowing god forbid I could always get another frame if I ever needed.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts