Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
New Gen 4 G33 and I’ve noticed these marks on the lip of the frame, it’s probably got no more then 500 rounds out of it but I’m wondering if this is normal or maybe impact from the slide moving back and fourth? Any insight would be appreciated! Thanks all

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
Wood Camera accessory Tints and shades Cylinder Metal

Are you talking about the mark on top of the barrel?

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
No on the top lip of the actual frame almost as if the slide is marking it during recoil
I see now. It’s on both sides. No I’ve never seen that happen before. My pic is same frame with 1000’s through it.

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
Can you field strip & take pic of top of the polymer lower?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Interesting, it’s less then a year old so I’m really not sure what can be done about it. I appreciate your reply !

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When I’m back around I can strip it, maybe it’s just wear on the frame I just wasn’t sure if it’s something to be concerned with

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
Wood Tints and shades Gun accessory Hardwood Carbon

Something definitely seems off on yours. Hopefully another member has seen this happen before. All oem parts?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Completely OEM and when I run my finger along the frame you can’t feel any indent or marking from it. Almost as if it’s just slide across the surface. The fact it’s on both sides is what made me wonder why it would happen/happening

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
Completely OEM and when I run my finger along the frame you can’t feel any indent or marking from it. Almost as if it’s just slide across the surface. The fact it’s on both sides is what made me wonder why it would happen/happening
My pics of my frame has 1000’s of rounds through it. I would maybe call Glock USA & ask them or a local Glock armorer. Sorry I couldn’t help more.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
You’ve helped plenty. Thank you!! I left a message for Glock USA didn’t get a response yet but I’d hope if it’s an issue they would fix it for me or offer some guidance on what to do. Don’t wanna continue to make the marks worse with every use

·
Premium Member
14,104 Posts
You’ve helped plenty. Thank you!! I left a message for Glock USA didn’t get a response yet but I’d hope if it’s an issue they would fix it for me or offer some guidance on what to do. Don’t wanna continue to make the marks worse with every use
Glock backs their product. You may have to send it in if they think it’s cause for concern.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
2 of my 9 small frame Glocks, but never noticed anything like that on the dust guard. G17 left, G19 right. Both have over 70K on them.

Automotive tire Gas Engineering Toy Machine

1 - 20 of 31 Posts