Glock Firearms banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Glock 17 won't return the slide after each shot. Seems stop lever gets in the way. Works well without magazine, but when mag is in place, slide stays open after each shot and must be manually pushed off. Any suggestions or advice?

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
Had that happen, what I did was take it out and tweak the spring as a temporary fix until I got a fresh replacement for it.

Reactions: Danzig

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank for your insights. This is my first forum post, so please bear with me.
I have been using this Glock 17 (gen.2?) since Oct. 2009, shot hundreds of rounds with no problems. Properly cleaned after each use. Did not use during Covid19, shot last week first time since Nov.2020. Have checked my grip, thumb not an issue. Slide-stop never removed from frame. Locking pin was starting to come out, pushed back in.
Seems like slide-stop lever spring not strong enough to return fully, causing slide to remain in open position.
Any other ideas to help out? Will try to send some pix in next post.

·
Glockin’ since 1993
39,431 Posts
You’re going to have to take out and reinstall your slide release lever.

·
Registered
2,615 Posts
If your release spring i
Thank for your insights. This is my first forum post, so please bear with me.
I have been using this Glock 17 (gen.2?) since Oct. 2009, shot hundreds of rounds with no problems. Properly cleaned after each use. Did not use during Covid19, shot last week first time since Nov.2020. Have checked my grip, thumb not an issue. Slide-stop never removed from frame. Locking pin was starting to come out, pushed back in.
Seems like slide-stop lever spring not strong enough to return fully, causing slide to remain in open position.
Any other ideas to help out? Will try to send some pix in next post.
If the leg of the spring is under the pin, then springs over time and use do loose tension, time to replace the slide release lever and it's attached spring.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts