We don't need cc in Illinois

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by bhale187, Jun 28, 2012.

1. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

(That's sarcasm by the way)

http://www.wandtv.com/story/18904177/nelson-park-shooting

DECATUR IL - Decatur, police say around 2:30 Thursday morning a 24 year old Decatur woman was shot in the face in Nelson Park.
    The victim and her boyfriend were driving when they approached a group of men in a parking lot on Nelson Park Blvd. which led to an argument between the woman & boyfriend, & the men.
    One man from the group allegedly fired a shot at the woman's face. She and her boyfriend fled in the direction of the park where the road was closed. The victim says she was too scared to go back in the direction of the men so they ended up at a house and called police.
    The victim was taken to St. Mary's hospital then transferred to Carle Hospital with non-life threatening injuries. Police have no suspects at this time and are still investigating.

2. That is messed up cause I was driving by Nelson Park this morning around between 2:30, 3:00 this morning. I personally didn't here any gun fire. Must of been a small caliber if she got shot in the face with no life threatening injuries.

That is just another example of why I stay fully loaded at home. ;)

3. EvilD

EvilD New Member

NY state is bad, but not nearly as bad as IL, I feel for you guys.

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

At least there is a slim possibility of getting your permit in NY. I'm going there next week, and I must leave my weapon at home :(

5. henerey

henerey New Member

I dont get Il I just read an article yesterday online about changing the law in chicago to just a ticket for possession of marijuana for personal use (I guess meaning a small amount) instead of being arrested. The ticket would be between $250- $500 but I'm thinking ok so you will decrease the punishment for drug users but won't let responsible gun ownering citizens carry a weapon to protect themselfs and there family. Their is something really wrong with that, and its complete BS in my opinion

6. ROYALE-W-CHEESE

ROYALE-W-CHEESE New Member

Speaking of Illinois...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ear-old-girl-heaven-shot-dead-in-chicago?lite

Other related Chicago news...

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...os-bloody-weekend-8-dead-40-plus-wounded?lite

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...ese-kids-dont-expect-to-live-a-full-life?lite

http://usnews.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2...olence-group-ceasefire-to-curb-shootings?lite

7. henerey

henerey New Member

See what I just said plus the stuff you just posted I just blows my mind thank god I live in South Carolina and you know how we love our guns down here in the south I just feel like everyone should have the same rights when it comes to personal protection

8. dosmiguel

dosmiguel New Member

That's too sad. Blessed to be in Texas!

9. Last edited: Jul 4, 2012
  10. fedempl

fedempl New Member

I was in Chicago 3 months ago and pulled over not 10 minutes after I arrived. The LEO said he pulled over due to my brake lights being out (BS). He asked if I had any weapons and I told him they where in the trunk. He said either they stay there or go back to Indiana. I went back home and will not travel to Illinois again.

11. 03Armory

03Armory New Member

The problem is Chicago. That city pretty much runs the State of Illinois. "They" don't want concealed carry in the City. "They" don't even want firearms in the city (as proof check out news articles when the Supreme Court stepped in and overturned the City's gun ban). There is no reason why the fat boy Gov cant draft the bill allowing CCW and put restrictions on CCW for cities with a population of over xxx,xxx or what ever. I work in Illinois and discovered something. There are Republicans, Democrats and then there are Chicago Democrats. Its the Chicago Democrats you have to keep an eye on. They'll strip you of any civil liberty you have if you let them. How many of them got indicted. We have one as a Pres. trying his hardest to ruin a great country. These are elected people making these decisions. Start letting your Rep/Congressman know if you agree/disagree with laws. We voted these people in and their job is to represent us. Don't be shy, write a letter or place a call. They don't know unless ' we the people' tell them. Thats my $0.02

12. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

13. bargeahead

bargeahead I have the body of a god........Budda Supporter

Statistics regarding violent crime going down when carry laws are enacted mean nothing to the Chicago Machine. A city with violent gun crime stats thru the roof.

My biz partner is Urbana PD and I know many in the dept' and am also range monitor (RSO) with the U of I PD faculty/staff shooting program. I have yet to meet one single LEO who is against CC in IL.

At least here in CU, LE is taking names but not arresting anyone doing fanny pack carry.

For those not familiar with IL gun laws; a firearm may be transported in a case providing it is unloaded. The mag can be right next to it in the same case. Case law has found in favor of fanny packs, vehicle consoles, and glove compartments as "cases". The fanny pack thing may still be specified one way or the other in later law.

bhale187 do I have that all correct ?

14. bhale187

bhale187 New Member Supporter

Yep, that is all correct.

I've heard the Chicago PD is still making arrests for the fanny pack and console carry if a loaded mag is in the same location, but I've yet to hear the outcome of any of those cases. CPD's stance is that a loaded mag in the same compartment in a loaded gun, the courts need to rule on that issue sooner rather than later.

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/ilcs/ilcs4.asp?DocName=072000050HArt%2E+24&ActID=1876&ChapterID=53&SeqStart=68200000&SeqEnd=71300000

720 ilcs 5/24-1

(4) Carries or possesses in any vehicle or concealed
    on or about his person except when on his land or in his own abode, legal dwelling, or fixed place of business, or on the land or in the legal dwelling of another person as an invitee with that person's permission, any pistol, revolver, stun gun or taser or other firearm, except that this subsection (a) (4) does not apply to or affect transportation of weapons that meet one of the following conditions:
    (i) are broken down in a non-functioning state; or
    (ii) are not immediately accessible; or
    (iii) are unloaded and enclosed in a case,
    firearm carrying box, shipping box, or other container by a person who has been issued a currently valid Firearm Owner's Identification Card;

15. Awesome! But don't you think by the time you get to your firearm, load mag into firearm, then chamber a round, it might be to late?

I'm all for conceal carry cause it is getting out of control with the criminals around here.

16. bargeahead

It's a case of something is better than nothing. I forget the exact saying re fanny pack but something like " 5 seconds to ? )

With a double zipper and practice a semi can be deployed in less.

17. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I almost choked when I read the title :eek:

Last edited: Aug 7, 2012
  18. bargeahead

That makes 2 or ? of us, then I saw who started the thread

19. True, something is better then nothing!

Do you know the statistic number of people doing this? Around here I don't see anyone using fanny packs.