Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
1,329 Posts
Started my Daughter around 6 with the same Stevens youth Model that I learned on 30 yrs before!

Here she is last January shooting a G23C at the age of 20 (She is now 21) and is ready to CC herself!

Attachments

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
My daughter just turned 7 a few weeks ago and I got her a Crickett .22. Her first time out she shot from 35 feet and...well she surprised both myself and my wife.
Combat pistol shooting Shooting range Outdoor recreation Grass Wood

Head Smile Shorts Outdoor recreation Automotive tire

Attachments

·
If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it!
1,000 Posts
Very nice RRoss! She done well! Yeah them Cricketts remind me of the youth model Stevens I learned on and probably 100 kids have learned on including my Daughter!
Ya my daughter wants to sell the mossberg and get a crickett
I'm actually quite amazed how accurate the things are for the price. I'm planning on getting a scope and mounting bracket for her and her brother to see just how far we can stretch those legs.

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
All of you dads are awesome in my book! Way to go! :D

·
Registered
236 Posts
All of my daughter are grown up now, 40, 35, 29. But they were all brought up around firearms and were all taught to shoot from the time they were big enough to hold a rifle. Was great to teach them and they have the respect for firearms that is needed for safety and their use. Mom was involved here too, and although we are both over 60 now, we both have lifetime Handgun carry permits, we shoot at the range on a regular basis, and we take our grand children with us. It is a family sport..!!

·
Registered
547 Posts
Good for all you for teaching your children about guns. GAgal noted something here, awesome dads. Regardless if it is mom or dad, teach our children to shoot safely, raise them to be responsible gun owners and hopefully to carry a concealed weapon. It may just be what keeps them alive one day. My hat is off to all of you.

·
Registered
4,861 Posts
I started gun safety and maintenance as soon as my kids were capable of understanding it.

My oldest one (10 years old) started last year as soon as he turned 10, which is the legal age to shoot in public ranges in FL.

He started with a ruger 10-22, and he is now shooting my Stag AR. Man, he loves that AR!

·
Hail Commifornia
6,370 Posts
My daughter is still in the womb, but she is about ready to come out any day. I can't wait to take her to the range.

·
Boost Rules
278 Posts
My ex scared my daughter about guns 6-7 years ago (my son too but he started to think on his own) when she was 3-4. I've tried everything just to get her to try. She had a kiniption fit when I was teaching my son 7 years ago(going on 13 now)......"remember what mom said"

I even offered her $50 for one shot from a 22 rifle and would never ask her again about it. Nothing doing. even => "how about a picture for grandpa so he knows you tried".

I've gone over safety, how they work, don't have to hunt, target shoot only, what to do if a friend wants to show one....

Not sure what else to try.

1 - 20 of 43 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.