Warranty

Discussion in 'Gunsmithing' started by cbk342, Jul 15, 2012.

1. cbk342

cbk342 New Member

If ur barrel is polished does that void ur warranty?

2. Dark Knight

Dark Knight Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Good question I to would like to know as I am about to have mine done and the slide as well I think

3. glocknloaded

glocknloaded Click Click Boom Supporter

I would almost guarantee it would void any warranty especially on the barrel it's self

4. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

My understanding is that it would void the warranty, but I too am curious to hear what the experts would say about this....

5. iGlock

iGlock Lead Farmer

From what i hear it does void it. But you can always send it in and have it refinished.

6. Argyle64

Argyle64 New Member

I hear that it does void the warranty but I don't know why. Polishing the barrel doesn't change the durability of the metal at all. The nitration is in the metal, not the black finish.

7. This is strait from the owners manual:

Exclusions from warranty:

1. If the weapon is dismantled by the purchaser or by third parties further than described in this user's instruction, and if, as a result of inappropriate handling or incomplete reassembly,damage or malfunctions are caused, as a result of which the safety devices are rendered ineffective, the the purchaser shall forfeit any clam to guarantee against damages thereby incurred to persons or property.

2. Any change to the basic construction of the weapon, in particular by the circumvention of the safety devices, is strictly prohibited for safety devices, is strictly prohibited for safety reason, and precludes the use of the weapon.

Warranty Statement:

Based on Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act, GLOCK Inc. offers no express warranty on its product line. However, GLOCK Inc. recognize its obligation concerning implied warranty. GLOCK Inc. products will be serviced for a period of one year from date of retail purchase, for defect in materials or workmanship, at no charge to the purchaser. Be sure to retain your slip as proof of purchase date when making a claim.

8. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

Could they deny a warranty claim on the barrel? Probably. Would they? Unlikely. As for the rest of the gun, if it's unaltered, then the warranty will, most likely, remain intact. People that have sent their guns in for work, with aftermarket parts in them, have said they've gotten the gun back returned to stock; some got their aftermarket parts back in a bag with the gun, others did not.

They guarantee the barrels for 40k rounds. That's straight from the mouth of an armorer at Glock corporate. Removing the finish has no affect on function, and there are very few things that can go wrong with a barrel; most of which are going to be immediately evident, not show up 10k rounds later.