Glock Firearms banner
21 - 40 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
well i dunno.

i have 5 Glocks and with the exception of 1 (the G44) i have bought a LOT of replacement/performance parts from the Glock Store, and NEVER a problem at anytime.

i think the o/p just got a bad item, which can happen with ANY place you buy from.

i'll gladly buy from The Glock Store.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Gen 4 mag releases are just double slotted for the wire spring so they go either way. Lots of companies making them, Vickers, Tango Down, NDZ, Agency Arms, Ghost, Strike Industries, HYVE, Rock Your Glock.... Plus another hand full of aluminum ones, and they are all tactical because you wouldn't want a non-tactical extended release.

And TangoDown also makes a tactical tool to remove your OEM mag release to install your new tactical one..

Metal Kitchen utensil Office supplies Event Aluminium

·
Glockin’ since 1993
43,382 Posts
Gen 4 mag releases are just double slotted for the wire spring so they go either way. Lots of companies making them, Vickers, Tango Down, NDZ, Agency Arms, Ghost, Strike Industries, HYVE, Rock Your Glock.... Plus another hand full of aluminum ones, and they are all tactical because you wouldn't want a non-tactical extended release.

And TangoDown also makes a tactical tool to remove your OEM mag release to install your new tactical one..

View attachment 260520
That tool isn’t black or have Velcro so it can’t be tactical.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Dan, black or camo and with paracord, but it is bling so it works for anodized aluminum buttons also...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
well i dunno.

i have 5 Glocks and with the exception of 1 (the G44) i have bought a LOT of replacement/performance parts from the Glock Store, and NEVER a problem at anytime.

i think the o/p just got a bad item, which can happen with ANY place you buy from.

i'll gladly buy from The Glock Store.
YMMV
Every time I have ever had a problem, the Glock Store response was less than satisfactory.
Suit yourself.

·
Registered
815 Posts
YMMV
Every time I have ever had a problem, the Glock Store response was less than satisfactory.
Suit yourself.
to quote you..."Every time I have ever had a problem, the Glock Store response was less than satisfactory."

by that one long sentence from you, to me speaks of a person not knowledgeable in replacing parts.

how is it that i have bought several items, for my Glocks, and NEVER a problem?

do you know how to install those parts you buy?

after reading that sentence of yours, i feel the problem is YOU and not the parts you buy....

you said it right there......."Every time I have ever had a problem, the Glock Store response was less than satisfactory."

you don't know, what you are doing.

i just emailed the Glock Store for you, and repeated your sentence about "every time you ever had a problem"...let's see if they come here and straighten you out..???

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
after he dropped his gun.... "Today my G26 dropped to the floor" I think he had never changed a mag button before. Who takes an hour to do that???

·
Registered
815 Posts
after he dropped his gun.... "Today my G26 dropped to the floor" I think he had never changed a mag button before. Who takes an hour to do that???
not only that, but as i quoted him saying, "every time i ever had a problem,"

which beckons to ask,

"how many times have you bought something from the Glock Store?"

and

"if he had a problem once, then a second time, why did he continue to buy from there"?

many people (at least i know i do) i give a retailer a "second chance"....to be fair

but if after that, there is no improvement, i move along to another retailer.

as i said, i never had any problems with the products they carry and sell.

and i ain't no expert either at only 2 years into this sport, but i sure do know how to switch out parts, and to NOT DROP my gun, break something, then blame a retailer for my dropping, and the part breaking.....??????

and i really did contact the Glock Store, gave them this website and thread, to maybe (if they want) to respond.(that can take a few hours, to a few days)

but to blame someone else, for a part breaking, cuz YOU DROPPED YOUR GUN, is utterly outrageous.

not to mention too, that he is new here, (has only 2 posts) and started off right away with bashing...????

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Anyone who buys an aftermarket part, or OEM part, should have enough experience to install it correctly. If not, that is not on the vendor.

·
Registered
17 Posts
not only that, but as i quoted him saying, "every time i ever had a problem,"

which beckons to ask,

"how many times have you bought something from the Glock Store?"

and

"if he had a problem once, then a second time, why did he continue to buy from there"?

many people (at least i know i do) i give a retailer a "second chance"....to be fair

but if after that, there is no improvement, i move along to another retailer.

as i said, i never had any problems with the products they carry and sell.

and i ain't no expert either at only 2 years into this sport, but i sure do know how to switch out parts, and to NOT DROP my gun, break something, then blame a retailer for my dropping, and the part breaking.....??????

and i really did contact the Glock Store, gave them this website and thread, to maybe (if they want) to respond.(that can take a few hours, to a few days)

but to blame someone else, for a part breaking, cuz YOU DROPPED YOUR GUN, is utterly outrageous.

not to mention too, that he is new here, (has only 2 posts) and started off right away with bashing...????
WEll…I’m kinda willing to bet Glockstore won’t bother to reply. I contacted them about an extended mag release I bought (teardrop paddle style) that looks ridiculous. Reached out to them a day after it came in and installed it. First off, it just looks like a regular stippled extended mag release (straight) that they drilled and threaded and sent with the teardrop paddle. It sticks out from the frame over a quarter inch. So I asked them about if they somehow sent a wrong item and offered to send pics. A bit later I get an email back asking for pics. That was 2 weeks ago with no further communication. Getting a bit concerned. I’m ready to chop and mod it to look something like the item in the catalog, but am waiting to see if I hear from them if they screwed up the order somehow (And might want an unmolested part back).
Sleeve Wood Automotive exterior Bumper Carbon
Wood Rectangle Bumper Eyewear Office supplies

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
I have no problem at all with the factory mag release on my Gen. 4, but I did add an OEM extended slide stop lever and it’s much easier to use. That Glockstore mag release sticks out way too far.

·
Registered
815 Posts
WEll…I’m kinda willing to bet Glockstore won’t bother to reply. I contacted them about an extended mag release I bought (teardrop paddle style) that looks ridiculous. Reached out to them a day after it came in and installed it. First off, it just looks like a regular stippled extended mag release (straight) that they drilled and threaded and sent with the teardrop paddle. It sticks out from the frame over a quarter inch. So I asked them about if they somehow sent a wrong item and offered to send pics. A bit later I get an email back asking for pics. That was 2 weeks ago with no further communication. Getting a bit concerned. I’m ready to chop and mod it to look something like the item in the catalog, but am waiting to see if I hear from them if they screwed up the order somehow (And might want an unmolested part back). View attachment 260555 View attachment 260556
to be honest, that thing looks hideous.....i mean c'mon man....really..??

i can "see" the metal piece extending the release lever more than it really needs to be. i think in a previous posting, someone said to use a different Glock mag release,for the G21..??? in fact, to me, that very well may be the G21 mag release, with that tear drop installed on it..!!!!!!!

and when i checked the Glock Store for extended releases, i too saw how it was "drilled and screwed in" as well

as far as communications with any retailer, i have some that take a few hours, to a few days...some ar working at the office, some are working from home, still to this day.

and it was only for the Glock Store, to come here and defend themselves, (if they want to) from a poster, who only had 2 posts and starts bashing right out of the box.......to me, smells of a troll..????

nothing is perfect in this world, we all know that, but he also admitted to DROPPING his gun, and it LANDING on the mag release and breaking it....to me, that is HIS negligence, not The Glock Store's problem......we NEED to be fair to the retailer.....they do not deserve that bashing

I have no problem at all with the factory mag release on my Gen. 4, but I did add an OEM extended slide lock lever and it’s much easier to use. That Glockstore mag release sticks out way too far.
yes, i install on all my Glocks the slide release and the slide stop release as well. and as for the mag release, on ALL my guns, from 9HH's to 1911's, i leave the mah release alone. but then too, i am not a competition shooter, just a self/home defense and range shooter.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Shattered, well that mag button gives a whole new meaning to "extended" That could be a G21 mag catch which is 2.5mm extended in a small frame Glock, don't know if the P80 frames are the same width.

Buddy, you mean slide stop and slide lock.... 1911's have slide releases.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Shattered, well that mag button gives a whole new meaning to "extended" That could be a G21 mag catch which is 2.5mm extended in a small frame Glock, don't know if the P80 frames are the same width.

on my Glocks...this

and this

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Yup, extended slide stop (what comes standard on the G34/G35/G17L and G24). You have to be careful not to ride that with your thumb during firing or it can drop the mag just a touch and malfunction.

Extended slide locks seem to help for shooters that can't wrap their thumb and middle finger on the OEM lock. I don't use either of those.

·
Premium Member
2,831 Posts
Buddy, I think somebody makes a tool for grabbing the slide lock also.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Buddy, I think somebody makes a tool for grabbing the slide lock also.
yeah, i got one of those...from ....get ready for it......THE GLOCK STORE..!!!!!!!!

but i found that although it does work, to replace the OEM with an extended one, is a better way to go.

·
Registered
17 Posts

Well, that’s eggzactly what I figured. That sticks out farther than a hemorrhoid on a cat. I requested a G-17 (9mm) mag release, I checked the plastic thing is they sent the part in, and it all indicates a 9mm part…but jeez, that ain’t right. I figured somebody who was piling those plastic Leegs pantyhose containers on a table at SprawlMart last weekend probably put the wrong part in a 9mm labeled container. Then again, that part, if you remove the paddle, still has the diamond stippled surface on the end of the button…they didn’t even remove that. Just drilled the end for the two screws. I’m thinkin’ shoddy workmanship. I’m not used to this.

·
Registered
3,152 Posts
Yup, extended slide stop (what comes standard on the G34/G35/G17L and G24). You have to be careful not to ride that with your thumb during firing or it can drop the mag just a touch and malfunction.

Extended slide locks seem to help for shooters that can't wrap their thumb and middle finger on the OEM lock. I don't use either of those.
My problem was that while I could reach the the regular slide stop, my hands sweat so much my thumb would just slide off a lot.

·
Premium Member
14,105 Posts
I’ve read a lot of complaints about the Glockstore. I’ve only made one purchase from them in the past (a foam case insert) and there were no problems, but since it wasn’t an actual gun part, it wasn’t much of a test as to the quality of their products. The vast majority of the stuff they sell are things I would never need or want anyway.
I bought a SS DRSA & it failed the third time I racked the slide. They reimbursed my money though.

21 - 40 of 42 Posts