Wanting a 9x25 Dillon conversion barrel for my G29sf. Any comments?

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by Ghost23, Jan 20, 2012.

1. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Im very interested in getting this conversion, but im not extremely familiar with this cartridge, nor am I familiar with many companies that manufacture it. I guess what im asking is, aside from being a 10mm necked down to a 9mm, and having near rifle velocities, what would sway me towards or against this conversion? Recoil is not a problem. Thanks.

2. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Ive done a little bit of research and found some good DT ammo.

Last edited: Jan 22, 2012

3. hermdog2004

hermdog2004 New Member

Aside from the fact that I haven't heard much about this conversion, and im not saying I know everything, but how readily available is the ammo? Cost? I haven't seen a lot of info on the 9x25 cartridge and/or conversion for the Glock pistol. I hope that helps a little bit.

4. Euromax

Euromax New Member

I with my 10mm pick up 40s&w barrel! And is cheap ammo and can get it anywhere. Just my think...

5. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Finding ammo will be the only downfall to it. 10mm already has near rifle ballistics if that is what your looking for.

6. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

From what ive read on it, DT has some 95gr. that is boasting 1995 fps. with 880 ft.lbs. of energy at the muzzle. Im really just looking for a conversion/cartridge that will be a blast to shoot, no pun intended.

And not to be rude man, but im not a .40 fan whatsoever. Thats why I got a 10mm. The only benefit that the .40 has over the 10 is more readily available ammunition at a lower cost. The ol' .40 short and weak just doesnt cut it for me.

7. hermdog2004

hermdog2004 New Member

uh oh, sounds like another caliber debate. Any caliber will do with the right shot placement.

8. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

This time is different, he is looking for a new toy.

If you can find the ammo, go for, sounds fun. Question, does the conversion barrel accept the 10mm mags or do you need special mags?

9. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I agree completely to shot placement being key, but at the same time, I dont want to have to give 5 rounds center mass and have to go on trial for my excessive force. The hydrostatic shock and the temporary cavity of a hot 10 is comparable to a .44 magnum, whereas ballistics are not. I would rather put two shots into my target and drop him instead of putting five or six and him still be alive, which I understand is possible with any caliber, I just feel safer and more confident in my caliber of choice.

10. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

It takes the 10mm mags. All it is is a 10x25mm necked down to a 9x25mm.

11. hermdog2004

hermdog2004 New Member

Good point. I wasn't really thinking about that. I would always love a new gun. And I have to admit, the 10mm is a good caliber to shoot. I know there's only a handful of places that carry the ammo. Thats why I didn't buy one. But I am reconsidering it.

12. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Sweet, if you get it, let us know what you think after a few range trips, I'm always looking for new toys

13. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

I went to my buddy's private range earlier today who happens to be a wildcat lover like me, and he has a conversion for his G20 and some of his own handloads of 9x25 Dillon. Man, that thing is ridiculous. Imagine the recoil on the hottest .41 magnum youve ever seen, with the sound and muzzle blast of a high powered rifle. I will definitely be picking up a conversion when my taxes get back haha

14. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

On his hand loads, is he close to factory or do you know?

15. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Honestly I would probably say hotter than factory loads, but thats just how he loads. He handmakes his own brass and everything. He was using a 115gr. Gold Dot as the projectile, and im not sure on his powder or how much, but based on the average recoil of the 30 rounds I put downrange, I would say its pushing really close to 45,000 psi, which is over the suggested pressure.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  16. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

He goes through 25 lb. tungsten recoil springs about every couple of months from his handloaded 10mm, so I could only assume this hits much much harder. It felt like holding your hand out of a car window going 45mph and slapping a brick wall every time it struck haha

17. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

That could explain some of the flash too. I need to look into one of those barrels and try that out.

18. Ghost23

Ghost23 New Member

Im not sure who else carries it, but he has a LoneWolf conversion barrel.

19. jfirecops

jfirecops New Member

Lonewolf is the one I have seen, and I've used some of there stuff before so I will look at that one, thanks