Want to start reloading but I dont know where to start

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by jwilli22, Mar 22, 2012.

1. jwilli22

jwilli22 New Member

I want to start to reloading my own ammo and have done some research but still not sure where to begin. Any thoughts?

2. 1st and main thing is to decide which loader you want. Single stage, manual progressive or auto indexing progressive?

3. jwilli22

jwilli22 New Member

Thanks Mike, is it personal preference or is one better than another depending on the type of shooting you do? I spend a considerable amount of time at the range (1000+ rounds a week) I will be loading 9mm & .45.

4. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Welcome to the Glock Forum jwilli22 !!

Plenty of others will be 'round to help you with your decision...

5. Glock-Siggy

Glock-Siggy New Member Lifetime Supporting Member

I just started reloading myself. I got a Lee pro 1000 loader..its a three die turret style....loading. 40 for my G22. after initial set up...and some help from a long time reloader...it works pretty smooth.

6. Glock-Siggy

Glock-Siggy New Member Lifetime Supporting Member

The hard part now is finding good supplies at the lowest price....natchezss.com has seemed to be the best bet so far.

7. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Hello, jwilli22 and Glock-Siggy, and WELCOME to the Forum!

If you post a *Hi There* in the Introductions category, other Members will have a chance to say Hi back at ya!

Cheers!

8. jwilli22

jwilli22 New Member

Thanks for the welcome Shooter13 & Happysniper1, as well as the heads up Glock-Siggy

9. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

@Jwilli22:

Check out all the threads under Ammo & Reloading, lots of helpful information there that could give you more insight into reloading, before you spend money on it.

Cheers!

10. jwilli22

jwilli22 New Member

I am learning so much from the threads. Thanks for pointing me in the right direction.

11. littleposerfish

littleposerfish New Member

welcome to the forum jwilli22! i too have been toying with the idea myself.