Want to buy a new gun

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by mcfred, Jul 8, 2012.

1. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Want to get a new hand gun thinking about getting a .45 mm but haven't decide on witch one to get any ideas

2. So you want a handgun that's less then half a mm, don't think I've ever seen anything that small before. :confused:
    I know you probably meant 45 Caliber, Glock G30 or G30sf or for a full size a G21 or G21sf would both be a good way to go.
    If I could only go with one I'd go G30 since it can also take the full size mags and still is small enough for CCW with the 10 round factory mags. JMHO, YMMV.

3. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Yeah I meant that just don't want spend that much cash I have a Glock 17 in a 9cal and a ruger lcp.380 I just need something else for the home

4. If you're looking for something strictly for home defense and not for the range at all, I'd suggest a 12 gauge shotgun. You can get one for $200-$300 less than the cost of a .45 Glock, which frees up some $ for ammo ;)

If your heart is set on a .45 for home defense, Glock 21 or an XD would be good ways to go.

5. Ok, now we're talking 9mm but I kind of understand what you're getting at.
    You'd like a handgun that'd be a larger bore dia. then the 380acp and 9x19mm that you currently have and think that a Glock G21 would be a good one to get. I think that would be a good one to get since it'll just be a bit larger gun then the G17 you currently have but give you a lot larger bullet(.355" vs .451") to put a hole in "Mr.Badguy" with.
    The G30 would also be decent since they'll take the full size G21 mags so you can have the same capacity as with the G21 but they're also smaller and easier to carry if you ever wanted to use it for CCW.
    Most of us around here love our G30's that own them and after owning 5 other Glock handguns(G19, G20, G29, G22 and G26) I finally found out what was "wrong" with them, they just weren't a 45.LOL.
    Shop around and you can normally find a G30 for $425-$475 if you've got a decent market to pick from. Otherwise if you're market is limited folks will be asking $525-$550 for their used ones which is basically the cost of a new one through the GSSF Certificate Program(need to join for at least 2 years to get the Certificate) so if you can't find a deal just join GSSF and buy a new Glock.

6. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Ok I'm thinking about going online to Glock world .com or cheaper then dirt to get it or just go to the local gun shop to get one I just to save up a little bet to get it

7. Cheaper Than Dirt ISN'T, they're prices aren't all that good really. Just spend $60 bucks and join GSSF, they'll send you a Purchase Certificate and you can get a new one(Blue Line no less with 3 mags) for LEO price. Hit the GSSF web site and download the .pdf that'll give you the prices. No reason to pay a higher price when you can just join GSSF and get a good deal on a new Glock through your local participating GSSF dealer.
    I really think the G30 would be a good way to go of if you really want a full size the G21 is pretty great. Can't go much wrong with either. ;)

8. mcfred

mcfred New Member

I just bought a Glock 30 just the other day and it's just shipped today from cheaper than dirt got a good price on it and can't wait to pick it up and fire it it's in a .45 acp and I also bought a hi point .45 acp and I kinda don't like it

9. dutchs

dutchs Well-Known Member

Should have bought the G21!! Jus sayin............:D

10. iamthedood

iamthedood The dude: "This aggression will not stand, man."

G21 Is pretty amazing ;)
    I've never shot a g30 & have wondered how they shoot...

11. mcfred

mcfred New Member

Ok I just couldn't decide between them do I took the g30

12. mcfred

mcfred New Member

And I'll post on how it shoots when I get it and see how it goes

13. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

I own several 21's and 30's and my 30's shoot better than my 21's do. Something about the 30 that "It just all came together just right"! I love my 21's but I can guarantee you if I need a go to gun it will always be the 30!

14. Ditto. Love the 21 because it shoots with so little recoil. Love the 30 more because even though the recoil is noticeable, it shoots better for me than the 21.