Walther PPQ

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by General_Tso, Jul 6, 2012.

1. General_Tso

General_Tso New Member

Anyone have any experience with the Walther PPQ? I'm torn between a Glock 19 or the PPQ. I've heard a few good things but my dealer doesn't stock it.

2. I'd encourage you to check out a Ruger P95 if you haven't already.

3. Thesarge

Thesarge "The Sarge"

I own both the Glock 19 and Walther PPQ. The Glock 19 is the definitive Glock: 15+1 rounds in a pistol that size that can do it all for range, duty, CCW, or home defense. I always say the Glock 19 is the one pistol every shooter should own.

The Walther PPQ is the striker fired HK P30 as it closely mimics the superb ergonomic grip of the P30. It has a super smooth, light trigger pull with a very short reset and is said to be the best out of box trigger made. The PPQ has almost target grade pistol accuracy. It does have the German style paddle magazine release that you work with your trigger finger but that is fine with me as I shoot HK a lot. Round counts on the PPQ have been rising with shooters who use them in competition and they run very well. Mine has been flawless. The PPQ is a triple serial number, proofed, German pistol made by a time honored company so what is not to like? When in stock you can get one from www.jetguns.com for $490-$500 shipped.

I say buy both !!! Bill

4. lilman33981

lilman33981 New Member

I have the PPQ and several others and by far the PPQ is my favorite gun to shoot. I've never had a single jam or misfire. You can't go wrong with this gun. Absolutely love it!

5. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

A consistent thing I see on every forum where the PPQ comes up is "it's my favorite gun" no matter what the shooter had before. I know of people who've sold off all of their Sigs, HKs, and everything else because they'd found "the" gun.

6. My wife and I were in GM a few days ago looking for her a good quality CCW 9mm and she chose the PPS. But we both did handle a few different guns just to get a feel and I'll have to say the PPQ does have a sweet grip and trigger! Just wish they would make it in a subcompact! If so, it would probably follow me home!

7. General_Tso

General_Tso New Member

I already have a G17 and G20SF so I was kinda thinking PPQ over G19. Just as a little something different.