Walther PPQ subcompact?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by glocker73, Jun 24, 2012.

1. I own a Glock 26 Gen 4 which I absolutey love and have no plans of parting with it, however, there are other quality handguns out there and I've been watching videos on the Walther PPQ. It seems to be a very reliable and nice shooting gun! Hickok45 really praised the trigger! My question is if and when will it become available in a subcompact? This could be my next purchase if a subcompact becomes available. Any info would be appreciated! Thanks!

2. Have you tried emailing Walther customer service to see if they have plans to offer a subcompact version of it?
    [email protected]

3. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

What do you think about the Walther PPS?
    Yea, I know it doesn't look the same.

4. Yes I have looked at the PPS and it's a cool gun, but the single stack mag limits the round capacity. Also, I'm not sure if the PPS has the same trigger as the PPQ. That's what attracted me to the PPQ, but I like the subcompact size versus full size. The PPQ is comparable to the Glock 19, so I was just curious if Walther will develop one comparable to the Glock 26/27.

5. david1962hd

david1962hd Premium Member

I would like to know about the trigger pull myself. I have had one in my hand at Bass Pro Shop but a trigger lock was in place, that was the reason it didn't come home with me.

6. Grabber GT

Grabber GT New Member

Ohio
    I have a PPQ and a 19. They are very much the same except the PPQ does have a better trigger. So for about $40 trigger job on the 19 I will choose the 19 over the PPQ every time! No the PPQ is not for sale.

7. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

This has been discussed dozens of times on the Walther Forum. I personally emailed Walther in Germany (U.S. Walther, aka S&W, knows nothing) and they stated explicitly that they have no intention of ever making a PPQc. They consider the PPS to be that gun. They do not believe there is a market for a PPQc.

8. Thats the most ridiculous thing I've heard! No market for this gun? Please!! I bet Glock thought the same thing before they developed the G26/27! And we know how well that turned out! Oh well, their loss!