Waiting Periods for CCW

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Tactical90, Jul 12, 2013.

1. xbolt300wsm

xbolt300wsm New Member

different here in good ole Alabama in Madison county where I live its 4 to 6 weeks that's why I keep it renewed we just went to 5 year permit to hat was kool but you go 2 counties over and its walk in and walk out with it that's to quick for me think its good to check the person out don't think nut jobs need permits ours is 20 dollars a year if want hard copy 10 for pape

Last edited: May 14, 2014
  2. cubman1018

cubman1018 New Member

MS states upto 45 days if you want the IC stamp. I could've had mine that day if I wasn't wanting the instructor certification stamp.

Sent from my Glock 36 using My IPhone

3. Nellum87

Nellum87 Member

What part of Pennsylvania? Here in northeastern Pa I had to wait almost 30 days and provide 2 references, which they called one of them.

Shot from my iPhone using Glock (19) Forum

4. malibu11

malibu11 New Member

I'm in western PA, Cambria county, I walked in with an ID and filled out the app and walked out 15 mins later with a permit.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

5. Nellum87

Nellum87 Member

Did you have to provide any references??

Shot from my iPhone using Glock (19) Forum

6. malibu11

malibu11 New Member

Can't really remember, it was so easy I don't remember exactly what I put on the paper haha

7. PA requires 2 character references who are not relatives. Most counties don't check them, they just issue if the background check is good.

8. RRoss

RRoss If it goes boom or bang, I want to play with it! Lifetime Supporting Member

Yeah, Lehigh County here. I got mine in about 35 days. I am convinced that it took so long because of the work I do. My job requires ATF and FBI background checks yearly.

9. malibu11

malibu11 New Member

I thought so but couldn't really remember, I was in and out in 15 mins and they didn't call anyone.

10. Gneeson

Gneeson New Member

I just went for mine today in media Pennsylvania. They told me 45 days. And for the record the office was mobbed with people. I was 8th in line at 11 am. Thanks Obama.

11. I received it today 41 days.

12. myzterray

myzterray New Member

Applied today in Cobb county Ga. No one else was in there...ironically enough it's the same window where you get a marriage certificate lol. Super easy just needed my car registration because my id still has old address. Paid $80 submitted fingerprints lady said 30 days so we will see.