Waiting Periods for CCW

Discussion in 'Conceal & Open Carry' started by Tactical90, Jul 12, 2013.

1. curday

curday New Member

5 weeks in Minnesota.

2. l3g4cy

l3g4cy New Member

In ct when I applied the local pd told me it would be 10-12 weeks ct law states they have 8 weeks to make a decision I called on the 8wk day, they said still waiting I called the next day and same response, on the third day of calling they said paper work just came in and I didn't need to call anymore. I guess making them follow the statues put in place irritated them.

Sent from my iPhone using Glock Forum

3. I just received mine yesterday. I was advised by the good ol' Indiana State Police that it would take up to 8 weeks. Arrived in the mail a little over 4.

4. sonnyd

sonnyd Active Member

Seems most people are from 4 to 6 weeks. Kansas says "up to 90 days"..mine was about 5 weeks... Of course here, once you get your approval, you have to go to the Drivers license dept...and yet have another picture taken, and then they mail you your license. That took about a week... of course, they give you a temporary receipt with your picture on it that is good till the permanent one comes..

5. Va is up to 45 days. The clerk yesterday told me 30-45 but all of my buddies said theirs took 2 weeks. I thought they would need fingerprints. Oh well if they need them they are on file.

6. They told me 45 days too but I think it took 30 for me. It took two weeks for my buddy, but we applied at two different courthouses.

7. gmyles78

gmyles78 New Member

Almost 3 months and still waiting in IL

8. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers New Member

Almost three months and still waiting as well. La

9. bayouglock

bayouglock New Member

30 days from the day I submitted my application at the state police headquarters in B.R., to the day I received my permit in the mail. Dropping it off in person may be the ticket. I've many friends who mailed theirs in, and it took 2 - 3 months. My CCW instructor's wife mailed her's in the same week I submitted mine, and it was 101 days before her's arrived.

10. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers New Member

11. Jaywalk

Jaywalk English Mother#%!^#@! Supporter

Was told 30 days when I submitted my app, had it in 6 business days.
    Washington State.

12. bayouglock

bayouglock New Member

That's awesome. Sounds like Washington's got their act together.

13. Jaywalk

Jaywalk English Mother#%!^#@! Supporter

Compared to what I've read about some other states I guess you're right.

14. MInnesota is required to notify you within 30 days, anoka county is falling behind, my sister got hers in 17 days, expecting mine tomorrow, and smaller counties get them in no time

15. GeauxTigers

GeauxTigers New Member

For a state where you can buy a gun and leave with It in 10-15 mins and have such great open carry laws, they sure have the longest waiting times and probably the most expensive costs for ccw (Louisiana)

16. 7 weeks for both my wife and I in AZ. Was told 2-3 months because of the large amount of applications. Wasn't too bad since AZ does not require permits. Ours are for for reciprocal carry states anyway.

17. When I first got mine here in Virginia, IIRC, it took about 3 weeks. The renewal process on subsequent renewals has taken an average of 7 days.

18. DaSassyB

DaSassyB My Kingdom for a Glock... :)

When I first got mine in PA, 15 years ago... I took my completed paperwork into the sheriff's dept and walked out with my photo CCL. It is good for 5 years. I just renewed it this March and it only cost $20 ($40 LESS than it did 5 years ago).

19. rfreyta

rfreyta New Member

Six weeks in South Carolina last fall. They publish 90 days but most come quicker than that

20. DJRJ4112

DJRJ4112 New Member

Here in Pennsylvania, just walk into the sheriff office with photo ID.
    Fill out a questionnaire, get your picture taken, pay $20 cash.
    Less than a week it's in your mail box.
    Good for 5 years..