Glock Forum banner
181 - 200 of 292 Posts
Oglib 26.
I you get a Pennsylvania out of state permit this will cover you for New York and I think other states in that area!! Just go on line for Pa. and see what they Offer!!!
False! PA has no reciprocity agreement with New York. The only state bordering PA that has a reciprocity agreement with PA is West Virginia. Please do not post information that can get someone arrested.

In Oregon it can vary depending on the county. In the big anti-gun county they push the wait time to the max, making you wait weeks just to get an interview with the Sheriff's office. I live in a pro 2A county and mine was in the mail box a week after I filled out the application. A friend had hers three days after she applied. I noticed they stream lined the application, probably because so many people were applying. They used to require three references, but that has been dropped. They probably never checked them anyway, lol. Would take up a lot of their time. Oh, and no "interview" needed in my county. Fill out application, get photographed and finger printed, show proof of gun safety course, and pay them money.

For now Oregon is a "shall issue" state, but who knows how long that will last since the libs pretty much run the show.

In my county I just filled out the paperwork and included a list of addresses for the past 5 years, wrote a check and walked across the courtyard to turn it in to the police station. No fingerprints, no photo, no interview. I did have to raise my right hand and say something about affirming that I... Blah blah blah. My military ID was proof of weapon competency so I didn't have to do the course. It was a pretty easy process it just is gonna take a while to get it in the mail.

The most annoying part of the process was being given extremely vague and inaccurate instructions of which building to go to and which floor and all that. That was unnecessary. I was bounced around all over the municipal complex.

My military ID was proof of weapon competency so I didn't have to do the course.

In Oregon they don't require proof of competency, just a gun safety course. They accept online courses, which is what I did. $10 and about 20 minutes of my time. Wouldn't recommend it for someone not already familiar with guns and gun safety though. It was just the cheapest and easiest way for me to meet the requirements for a CHL here.

181 - 200 of 292 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.