Glock Firearms banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Gang - Hope everybody is doing well. I waited just about 3 years before applying for my CCW for the second time, and once again even after the reins loosened up a little here in Ventura after Peruta v. San Diego, I was turned down again. I talked with a "Gun Attorney" who told me to do a local background as well as DOJ check on myself which (as I knew it would), came back clean.
I called the Sheriff's office for the explanation of what the hell "Moral Character" denial meant, nobody ever called me back. I made phone call after phone, and finally wrote a 4 page letter after speaking with the NRA finding out that my appeal time had passed.
Listen to this! I was turned down because I didn't put in my application that I had called my local police to oversee my ex-wife moving out of my home, the thing is I CANCELLED the call, they never showed up!! The other thing was that I bartered doing some photography work with a local gun shop owner in trade of a discount on a gun, the Sheriff considered that employment, and I didn't write it as such.

I have two holes in my abdomen that cannot be fixed safely because of 10 previous surgeries. Two physicians gave me letters stating that if I was ever attacked in the street I would be a dead man! The detective that I spoke with suggested that I try again in 5 years!!!!!!!

The attorney I talked with said this was ridiculous and was an easy case to win, but there is no way I could ever afford $350.00 an hour. :mad::(

·
Registered
12 Posts
I believe all folks here will feel for ya, but ...

dude, you live in Kalifornia. to expect anything else then complete infringement on your rights, is a mistake.

it is not right, but it is where you live, and you're stuck with it. until or unless ...

maybe contact the calguns folks and see if there would be any interest in them taking the case.

interestingly, the gun feed had an article about how 2 or 3 cali counties are "gun crazy" when it comes to issuing ccw permits. they focused on sacramento.

i think all the commie counties are hedging on the review by the full 9th circuit, and even then will go down swinging. yet it it were gay rights, or illegal rights, or any of a dozen other things, they'd be falling all over themselves making a big, sloppy mess to make you feel better.

also of interest, my office of about 25 people has more ccw's than one county, with 850k+ people. one office vs one county.

https://www.revealnews.org/article/...led-gun-live-in-sacramento-not-san-francisco/

from free(ish) america, i hope things change for you.

Hi Gang - Hope everybody is doing well. I waited just about 3 years before applying for my CCW for the second time, and once again even after the reins loosened up a little here in Ventura after Peruta v. San Diego, I was turned down again. I talked with a "Gun Attorney" who told me to do a local background as well as DOJ check on myself which (as I knew it would), came back clean.
I called the Sheriff's office for the explanation of what the hell "Moral Character" denial meant, nobody ever called me back. I made phone call after phone, and finally wrote a 4 page letter after speaking with the NRA finding out that my appeal time had passed.
Listen to this! I was turned down because I didn't put in my application that I had called my local police to oversee my ex-wife moving out of my home, the thing is I CANCELLED the call, they never showed up!! The other thing was that I bartered doing some photography work with a local gun shop owner in trade of a discount on a gun, the Sheriff considered that employment, and I didn't write it as such.

I have two holes in my abdomen that cannot be fixed safely because of 10 previous surgeries. Two physicians gave me letters stating that if I was ever attacked in the street I would be a dead man! The detective that I spoke with suggested that I try again in 5 years!!!!!!!

The attorney I talked with said this was ridiculous and was an easy case to win, but there is no way I could ever afford $350.00 an hour. :mad::(

·
Registered
102 Posts
"Firearms stand next in importance to the constitution itself. They are the American people's liberty teeth and keystone under independence … from the hour the Pilgrims landed to the present day, events, occurences and tendencies prove that to ensure peace, security, and happiness, the rifle and pistol are equally indispensable … the very atmosphere of firearms anywhere restrains evil interference — they deserve a place of honor with all that's good."
George Washington

·
Registered
2 Posts
Keith, Delaware is right - it is a fact of life in your state. I have no interest in badmouthing, but some freedoms you don't currently enjoy do exist elsewhere. Consider your options in a state which will allow you to protect yourself and your family . . .

·
Registered
513 Posts
They did not put in the second amendment just for a joke

They added it to our constitution because of a guy named Thomas Jefferson knew it was needed then and way more in the future. He is proven to be the best thing to ever happen to "AMERICA"

"No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." --

Thomas
Jefferson

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms
is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."

Thomas
Jefferson

What the hell does most of these so called leaders not comprehend just what the American constitution say's.It is plain English. How the hell can they even try to turn the plain English words around or try to add what the second amendment say's.

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Disputing the words themselves failed, so they tried disputing the punctuation. They will stoop to any level to undermine your rights.

Sorry to hear of your troubles, OP. Beautiful as CA is, it is completely dysfunctional.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts