used equipment cheap

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement & Military' started by NT08, May 28, 2012.

1. NT08

NT08 New Member

A buddy of mine found a duty belt, holster, mag case and handcuff case all for $40 at a flea market this weekend. This got me wondering. Does anybody know of any other places where a person like me who is just getting started and has to buy his gear on a tight budget can find deals like that?

2. brutusvk

brutusvk New Member

Craigslist. I find stuff for duty gear all the time on there.

3. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Wat are you looking for in particular? I actually have a good amount that is just collecting dust at the moment....i've been meaning to post it on the classifieds

4. NT08

NT08 New Member

Yeah. I couldn't believe it either. It was a boston leather belt and everything else was bianchi and in great condition.

5. NT08

NT08 New Member

I'm just going to be starting out on the auxiliary so I am going to need to get a full rig. The only restriction I have heard is that we need a safariland level 3 holster. Other than that I think it is up to us.

6. NT08

NT08 New Member

Thanks brutusvk. I'll check that out.

7. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

I have:
    1-plain leather Boston lvl3 booster
    1-pain leather 2 mag pouch
    1-plain leather streamlight stinger holster
    1-basketweave Boston leather holster
    2-boston leather basketweave handcuff holders
    1-basketweave ASP handcuff holder
    1-boson leather basketweave 2mag pouch
    1-baskeyweave streamlight strion holder
    1-ASP baton with basketweave holder
    1-basketweave latex glove holder
    1-safariland lvl3 ALS basketweave holster for glock 22/17 right hand
    5-leather basketweave belt keeps
    1-retractable handcuff key ring
    2-Boston leather duty belts (one 38-42 inch waist and the other is 46-50 inch)

8. i can believe it, i was kind of poking fun a little since u said he found it at a flea market, then asked where to look lol. I have bought a ton of gear at flea markets.

9. NT08

NT08 New Member

Gotcha. Sorry. I'm a little slow today. Lol. I was surprised because I go to flea markets all the time and have never seen anything. Our flea markets aren't as good here as in other parts of the country from what I hear. The joys of the Chicagoland area. Lol. Btw, I posted some pics of my colt on that other thread for you.

10. NT08

NT08 New Member

Trigger252, your pm box was full so I'm posting this here:

Take your time. I'll have to do the same. Lol. What are your recommendations on the cuff cases? Do you prefer the open or closed?

11. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

I definitely prefer the open....all you have to do is get your hand on then and yank....no opening and fidgeting lol

12. NT08

NT08 New Member

That's what I figured. Lets go with that one then.

13. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Did you get my pm?

14. NT08

NT08 New Member

Got it and responded. Thanks

15. trigger252

trigger252 New Member

Np....just responded back....I'm not trying to break bank I just want money for glock mods lol

16. NT08

NT08 New Member

Lol. I hear ya. Thanks.

17. Just saw this thread, should we try to set up a swap meet here for guys needing stuff?

18. bagozzi46

bagozzi46 New Member

I tried. It didn't take. But the pay it forward thread is seeing massive success.