USCCA

Discussion in 'Self Defense' started by jhg, Oct 23, 2018.

1. Lucian_253

Lucian_253 Well-Known Member Supporter

Every time I see this thread I get angry that the state I live in will not allow me to buy carry insurance!!

elk creek and Danzig like this.
  2. elk creek

elk creek Well-Known Member Supporter

Lucian, you should move next door. Over here. Don’t tell your neighbors though!

Lucian_253 and Danzig like this.

3. Lucian_253

After my parents pass on, I will be moving to Idaho without a doubt!!

4. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

mattm likes this.
  5. buddy157

buddy157 Active Member

looks like about $10 for a year? for the Elite, that i looked at a few weeks ago.

6. Lucian_253

I want it so bad!! Mostly because I can’t have it probably.

Danzig, buddy157 and rbbeers like this.
  7. rbbeers

rbbeers Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

For those who may consider the cost of a USCCA Gold membership to be 'too much', also consider the following...

6 Things You Didn't Know Would Happen When the Police Arrive
    http://uscca-downloads.s3.amazonaws.com/reports/6_things_happen_when_police_arrive.pdf

Unfortunately, in today's world, even if you're 'in the right', defending a 'good shoot' can cost well in excess of $100,000... a 'questionable shoot' can cost much more. o_O

To prepare for such an expenditure by saving $30/month, allowing the untouched balance to compound at current savings rates, one would have to save for about 135 years.

If you own firearms and fully intend to use them in self defense, are you truly prepared for the financial ramifications of doing so? :rolleyes:

Food for thought... :)

Best regards,

Bob

Attached Files:

Last edited: Oct 30, 2020
    Dragnet and buddy157 like this.
  8. Lucian_253

I would carry the highest I could afford. You insure your car, boat, house, etc. If not for a state restriction, why not insure carrying of a lethal weapon!!

TheKraken, buddy157 and rbbeers like this.
  9. MyKey

MyKey Member

they also give a discount for veterans.

10. 3404speed

3404speed Well-Known Member Supporter

Just wondering on here who has carry insurance through uscca. Is it worth it? Any class requirements to be covered?

11. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

yes, I do, yes imo, and no. They actually offer free online training. I just did a sheepdog response online class in threat awareness, which was $125 w/o membership, and free with it. As for "worth it", well, if you never need it, it's money you could have saved, but dang I'd hate to have to use force against a threat without it. Potentially the difference between keeping your house and losing everything. I'm covered, but my wife is covered despite no permit or uscca membership, as long as she was using force on a threat inside the home. Any legal weapon covered, gun, knife, kitchen sink....

SJ 40, jhg, Greywood and 3 others like this.
  12. 3404speed

Thanks for the info, i was just curious because i saw on the online training certification that there was a level 1 shooting class (requirement)

Do they cover you only in the home or anywhere it is legal to conceal carry?

SJ 40 and jhg like this.
  13. OldGnome

OldGnome Just an Old Gnome

Florida
    Coverage is - as with all coverage, no matter if it is a homeowner’s policy or losing your guns in a horrible boating accident- it depends. However, you are generally covered in the event you have to discharge a weapon.

I am not a lawyer and am not an expert in the law or insurance.

I know USCCA has individuals online (24/7?) that are willing and able to answer any questions you might have about membership. I have been an elite member for a few years. Yes, I think it’s worth it.

14. mattm

mattm last one, I promise Supporter

As a member I am covered everywhere. As a non member but a spouse sharing same home my wife gets covered in our home.
    It seems after conversing with them, that if you had legal issues besides the fact you used force, the side charges would be part of the court battle, and your coverage goes mainly for the lawyers. Just my understanding of what I was told.
    I recently got in touch with them on behalf of another member on this board who was in the process of getting a permit but did not have it yet, and was told the above. Court defense, bond and lawsuits....

Last edited: Nov 15, 2020
    3404speed likes this.
  15. 3404speed

So your not required to do the online training and safety?

16. OldGnome

OldGnome Just an Old Gnome

Florida
    You are not required to take any training to be a member.

3404speed likes this.
  17. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

There’s another thread with more replies.

3404speed likes this.
  18. djg1965

djg1965 Well-Known Member Supporter

Not yet. But, I get up to two emails everyday with another “great” offer to join. Maybe his persistence will pay off and I’ll join just to shut him up.

Danzig and 3404speed like this.
  19. Southlake

Southlake Salt Life Staff Member Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member