Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

· Registered
159 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just acquired a USA made g23 I really like it I have a few other Austria ones so adding a USA made one to my collection excites me.
But I just want some input on your guys thought about the USA made glocks

· Certified Glock Armorer
11,359 Posts
Nothing better about the USA made glocks, same thing..some people prefer having a glock made in America but I don't get why. They were made in Austria for a long long time, longer than I have been alive, but yet some would rather have a USA one. They're cool, we got a 19C USA made and it's just the same as the rest.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
Glockinator19 said:
Nothing better about the USA made glocks, same thing..some people prefer having a glock made in America but I don't get why. They were made in Austria for a long long time, longer than I have been alive, but yet some would rather have a USA one. They're cool, we got a 19C USA made and it's just the same as the rest.
People will want what they think is more valuable or better wether it's based in reality or in their minds. Sig guys want West German ones. Beretta guys want Italian made guns. Give it a while, when the Austrian models stop coming people will want Austrian marked guns.

· Glockin’ since 1993
51,428 Posts
geolson414 said:
Isn't the coating process slightly different for USA to Austria due to regulations ?
I've read that EPA wouldn't allow the process here because Cyanide is involved at some point. I've also heard that Austria has changed over to the same method as the states.
Who knows for sure but the rumor mill has been working overtime over this issue.

· Certified Glock Armorer
4,715 Posts
adartse said:
What did they tell you about the gen3 and gen4 finishes? I hear the gen4 is more like the Gen 2 color and the 3 is a lil different from the rest not sure if that's 100% true though
I think he was talking about the Glocks being made last year. The process of turning it black is parkerizing, a tough finish and it helps to prevent rust.

· Registered
155 Posts
Danzig said:
I've read that EPA wouldn't allow the process here because Cyanide is involved at some point. I've also heard that Austria has changed over to the same method as the states. Who knows for sure but the rumor mill has been working overtime over this issue.
Cyanide?? ***O??? Is that why my G17 that I bought in 1994 has a worn finish that has turned grayish?

Wouldn't mind having one made in the USA though....

1 - 20 of 40 Posts