Upgrades for m4 is it worth the $

Discussion in 'General Firearm Forum' started by Glocku, Jun 16, 2012.

1. Glocku

Glocku No warning shots here

I was on Craigslist in my area and ran across somebody selling a nib crimson trace vertical grip with the light and laser combo, a spikes tactical nickel boron coated bolt carrier, spike tactical nickel boron coated battle trigger and 6 position spikes buffer tube. Is $500 worth it he staes all of the parts are new. I just want some opinions on if I should get it.

2. GAgal

GAgal Well-Known Member

Thread moved to General Firearms Forum.

3. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

The question is do you want/need any of it? The Crimson Trace is a nice addition. The nickel boron coating and anything from Spike's Tactical is top notch. Depending on the model, that Crimson Trace is over $300, the bolt carrier, if it's the full BCG, is $275 or so. The buffer tube, on it's own, is basically useless if you already have a 6 position stock, unless you're planning to build another one.

I'm not big Craigslist fan. I would question why he's selling them and especially at over $100 loss, if they're new. But, I'm suspicious by nature; that's how I was trained to be.

4. Glocku

Glocku No warning shots here

I'm not a big fan of Craigslist either but I always look around at random parts for sale. I don't need any of what he has for sale I'm just addicted to firearms and always want to upgrade.