Glock Firearms banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Duct Tape, Alabama Chrome
1,672 Posts
Seems like a long barreled gun for a home defense situation. Hard to clear corners with that long of a gun, criminals can grab the barrel and snatch it away.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just stay in our room and let them come to me. We can see everything on color night vision CCTV system we have. Take up point let the bad guy come our way then act.

·
Premium Member
8,787 Posts
I definitely would not want to grab or meet the end of that pig sticker. Get that nice and sharp. Oy.

·
Carry on my friends!!!!
974 Posts
jsimion423 said:
I just stay in our room and let them come to me. We can see everything on color night vision CCTV system we have. Take up point let the bad guy come our way then act.
Sometimes I use my AR-15 for HD. I did that for one week when my State was in a State of Emergency as 70ish percent of my State was out of power due to a freak snow storm. I had my G23, my 340pd my LCP on me and my AR-15 near me 24/7 during the storm. Also I live out in the middle of nowhere and 80% percent of my neighbors left their residence and my close neighbors gave me orders as to who should and shouldn't be on their property and to call the cops. Also unknown vehicles were driving with their lights off at night when the houses were empty.

·
Premium Member
162 Posts
jsimion423 said:
Mind sending me a PM with the model CCT you chose? I'm looking to get one installed and don't know where to start.

·
Registered
67 Posts
jsimion423 said:
Decided to start keeping the Mosin at ready bayonet and all. Only 4 rounds as that way I can keep the one round out of the chamber.
If I came into your house I think id be tempted to take that headboard! That is one fancy looking thing!! Haha

·
Registered
195 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
xtroyx said:
If I came into your house I think id be tempted to take that headboard! That is one fancy looking thing!! Haha
Lmao it is very nice and was quite pricy. Me and my wife try to buy ourselves one super nice thing a year. I'll post some pics of it later.

·
Registered
14 Posts
jsimion423 said:
Hell.. With a 7.62X54 and 200+grain bullets why wait till they get in the doorway??
Shoot through the walls!!
LOL!!!

·
Banned
1,000 Posts
Hell.. With a 7.62X54 and 200+grain bullets why wait till they get in the doorway??
Shoot through the walls!!
LOL!!!

Yea I would be concern about it going threw the bad guy and threw your walls and possibly into you neighbors house cause that round is coming out of that barrel at around 2,600, 2,800 feet per second.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Support Gunner said:
Yea I would be concern about it going threw the bad guy and threw your walls and possibly into you neighbors house cause that round is coming out of that barrel at around 2,600, 2,800 feet per second.
Good point! I was joking around but the truth is, he is very correct!
High velocity Rifle rounds can exit your house and potentially enter your neighbors,
Which is why even in my handgun I use hollow points. I might get through one of my interior walls
Ill still be but far less likely than FMJ's to pass through and exterior wall and then into my neighbors house.

And someone else brought up a great point earlier.
Someone breaks into my home, and I'm going to need to clear the house.
A mosin nagant with a bayonet is 5 feet long.
Your pistol will serve you much better in close quarters.

And. I will also mention...
The mosin is a bolt action, one shot missed may be all the opportunity your given.
As opposed to the hellfire a semiauto handgun brings to the table.

Here's what I have at my bedside. This might not be everyone else's first choice, but this is my personal selection.
At my nightstand, I have my Glock 21-.45 loaded with hollow points, attached flashlight and laser for quick identification and target acquisition
People may disagree with a flashlight saying it gives away your position. Well. My house my choice.
I need to identify friend or foe and make a split second decision. This does the trick, it's also blinding, which is disorientating.
It also leaves my other hand free to fend, or phone. I'm not tying up both hands with anything that can be handled in one.

The second thing at the nightstand is a mossberg 590. Also with a flashlight on it, and it strobes.
The shotgun is loaded "00" buck, slug, "00" buck, slug, etc, for that through the walls scenario.
It also has the added benefit of universal language.
Everyone knows the sound of a racking 12 gauge means GTFO of my house.
And you don't even have to press 1 for english...
All said a pistol and a shotgun are a devastating combination in CQ and I can't recommend anything more highly than this combo.
Breaking glass? Grab your pistol, throw the wife the shotgun.

I'd also like to point out that it's a good idea to call the police first before you engage any person in your house.
Here's why.
Your on the phone with 911.
It's being recorded.
It's absolutely useable in a court of law.
With a recording of you warning an intruder to get out, and that you have called the police, and that you are armed, and you will shoot them.
You now have a recorded testimony that you put forth every effort to give them the chance to get out before they proceeded against your verbal warnings.
At this point if you subsequently shot and possibly killed them. You have a record of giving them every chance to avoid death.

Your protecting yourself legally and by doing so, it shows you put forth every effort to give the law a chance to work before you took measures to protect yourself.
The vigilantly argument goes right out the window. And if a civil suit is raised by the poor disenfranchised individuals family who sees you as a lottery ticket,
Play that tape in any court and you can pretty much walk out when it's done playing.

Try not to be the spider setting a trap. Your not rambo.
You could get yourself into trouble with your own video footage. By hunting within your own home.
But if a fly enters the house, by all means... Be the swatter.
Just follow the rules. And you'll be fine.
just think like a cop.
Initiate contact with dispatch.
Inform of your situation
Issue a verbal challenge
Shoot only after verbal commands have not been obeyed and there is an imminent threat.

Otherwise, well see you on the news..

·
Registered
4,359 Posts
Have to admit, I read the OP and thought it was some kind of put-on.

Nice headboard. Nice Nagant. They might not go together so well though, IMO.

Would sooner use a baseball bat (or just the bayonet) over a Nagant for inside the home HD. It's a great rifle, but an 80 year old bolt action field rifle that costs $100 is a good choice for a HD weapon when it happens to be your only choice. You have other options available to pick from.

Besides, if the Nagant fell over, it might scratch that rockin' headboard.

·
771 Posts
Outstanding Post

Good point! I was joking around but the truth is, he is very correct!
High velocity Rifle rounds can exit your house and potentially enter your neighbors,
Which is why even in my handgun I use hollow points. I might get through one of my interior walls
Ill still be but far less likely than FMJ's to pass through and exterior wall and then into my neighbors house.

And someone else brought up a great point earlier.
Someone breaks into my home, and I'm going to need to clear the house.
A mosin nagant with a bayonet is 5 feet long.
Your pistol will serve you much better in close quarters.

And. I will also mention...
The mosin is a bolt action, one shot missed may be all the opportunity your given.
As opposed to the hellfire a semiauto handgun brings to the table.

Here's what I have at my bedside. This might not be everyone else's first choice, but this is my personal selection.
At my nightstand, I have my Glock 21-.45 loaded with hollow points, attached flashlight and laser for quick identification and target acquisition
People may disagree with a flashlight saying it gives away your position. Well. My house my choice.
I need to identify friend or foe and make a split second decision. This does the trick, it's also blinding, which is disorientating.
It also leaves my other hand free to fend, or phone. I'm not tying up both hands with anything that can be handled in one.

The second thing at the nightstand is a mossberg 590. Also with a flashlight on it, and it strobes.
The shotgun is loaded "00" buck, slug, "00" buck, slug, etc, for that through the walls scenario.
All said a pistol and a shotgun are a devastating combination in CQ and I can't recommend anything more highly than this combo.

I'd also like to point out that it's a good idea to call the police first before you engage any person in your house.
Here's why.
It's being recorded.
With a recording of you warning an intruder to get out, and that you have called the police, and that you are armed, and you will shoot them.
You now have a recorded testimony that you put forth every effort to give them the chance to get out before they proceeded against your verbal warnings.
At this point if you subsequently shot and possibly killed them. You have a record of giving them every chance to avoid death.

Your protecting yourself legally and by doing so, it shows you put forth every effort to give the law a chance to work before you took measures to protect yourself.
The vigilantly argument goes right out the window. And if a civil suit is raised by the poor disenfranchised individuals family who sees you as a lottery ticket,
Play that tape in any court and you can pretty much walk out when it's done playing.

Try not to be the spider setting a trap. Your not rambo.
You could get yourself into trouble with your own video footage. By hunting within your own home.
But if a fly enters the house, by all means... Be the swatter.
Just follow the rules. And you'll be fine.
just think like a cop.
Initiate contact with dispatch.
Inform of your situation
Issue a verbal challenge
Shoot only after verbal commands have not been obeyed and there is an imminent threat.

Otherwise, well see you on the news..
Peter, great post...Such sage advice...

·
Banned
1,000 Posts

Here's why.
It's being recorded.

All I will add is 1.) I wouldn't rack the shotgun cause that means you brought an unloaded gun to a gun fight. 2.) I wouldn't use slugs cause 00 has more then enough power to go threw walls. Looks up shotgun rounds threw sheet rock wall video on youtube. Even #4 bird shot has enough power to go threw sheet rock wall at the range most HD shooting take place at.

Just food for thought. :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts