Glock Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've got roughly 400 rounds through it now with no malfunctions! I bought I new 24 round mag as backup mag. I put like 200 rounds through it, using old reloads, hollow points, ball, diff grains, and I mixed them up through the mag, no issue at all!!! I doubt I could have dis that with most other guns! I need get like apex trigger, that still has safety blade. I don't like stock one and how blade does not go flush when pulling all way! Any suggestions on apex triggers? Good or no good?

Attachments

· Premium Member
10,767 Posts
Welcome to the Forum!

If the blade on the trigger protrudes you can always file it down and polish it.
This !
Welcome,can be accomplished with a exacto #. 11 razor knife and some sand paper.

· Registered
149 Posts
Well, better than my 19.5 I bought a couple of weeks back. EIGHT failure to feed jams in the first two magazines, and the ones after those weren't much better. Couldn't believe it, worst Glock I've ever owned, and I've owned plenty.

Complete disappointment. Sold it and moved on.

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Well, better than my 19.5 I bought a couple of weeks back. EIGHT failure to feed jams in the first two magazines, and the ones after those weren't much better. Couldn't believe it, worst Glock I've ever owned, and I've owned plenty.

Complete disappointment. Sold it and moved on.
Guess it possible get duds every now n then on any brand. What ammo where u using?

· Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I'm curios how you fuys that own a gen 5 19, how the slide finish is holding up? Ever deal with rusting at all? I stay in michigan and I cc iwb. During summertime might be true test on any rust issues. I oil once week the slide and let sit over night and then lightly wipe off excess oil. I use pre soaked clp patches. I tend to deal with flash rust during the sweating season, on rear sight/ slide. I have a roll lol. I carry 3 to 4 ish.

· Premium Member
2,068 Posts
I'm curios how you fuys that own a gen 5 19, how the slide finish is holding up? Ever deal with rusting at all? I stay in michigan and I cc iwb. During summertime might be true test on any rust issues. I oil once week the slide and let sit over night and then lightly wipe off excess oil. I use pre soaked clp patches. I tend to deal with flash rust during the sweating season, on rear sight/ slide. I have a roll lol. I carry 3 to 4 ish.
not sure how this will compare but i carry at 9 oclock iwb and dont have any issues with the sight but the finish is worn through in a few places from being removed and inserted into the holster everyday. I particularly have noticed that the right rear portion of the slide tends to want to develop light surface rust especially in the summer where im outside for 11-12 hours a day. It has some light pitting but i usually scrape any light rust off and oil it, i also oil my slide regularly as with a general cleaning prob 1-2 times a month. No issues anywhere else on the slide that has some lighter wear marks. I do have a kydex holster with sweat shield which i think actually made the slide rust worse because it can trap sweat in between the slide and the holster.

· Registered
189 Posts
I've been a Glock user for ~30 years. While the stock trigger-shoe works, I prefer the aftermarket Kineti-Tech brand. Many of the aftermarket triggers look the same to me, but I've only tried the Kineti-Tech brand. I liked it, then bought maybe 10 more over the years and put them onto all my Glocks.

Being somewhat mechanically inclined, and frugal (or "cheap" as a synonym), I've only bought the trigger shoes; removing the stock shoe; then putting the Kineti-Tech shoe onto the original trigger bar.

Someone else might just buy the trigger-shoe pre-installed onto a Glock trigger bar, as Kineti-Tech usually sells its triggers that way too.

· Registered
8 Posts
I carry in Ohio and it's holding up fine. No finish issues at all.

· Registered
13 Posts
I've got roughly 400 rounds through it now with no malfunctions! I bought I new 24 round mag as backup mag. I put like 200 rounds through it, using old reloads, hollow points, ball, diff grains, and I mixed them up through the mag, no issue at all!!! I doubt I could have dis that with most other guns! I need get like apex trigger, that still has safety blade. I don't like stock one and how blade does not go flush when pulling all way! Any suggestions on apex triggers? Good or no good?
Here's another option. OC Custom Triggers Under options select: Add OC "Enhanced". This is just a factory trigger bar with a more comfortable trigger shoe. Total will be $60. Some may say that's a lot for just a trigger shoe but it was worth it to me because I hated the safety blade bite as well. I also added the Ghost Tactical 5.0 connector (I don't care for light triggers). This gets rid of nearly all overtravel and gives you a very short reset - it does require fitting, but it's very easy to do yourself. Everything else is stock. Four friends fired my G19 and now they have the same setup. I have an Apex on my M&P 45 and it's very good. The comment from L-2 will get me to look at Kineti-Tech. I've subsequently tried several other options such as the Timney and I wasn't blown away. They're all good, but I like my setup better. btw - if you go this route make sure to put the OC Custom Trigger in first, then install and fit the connector.

· Registered
13 Posts
I have a 19.5 and no problems with the gun.
When I first fired it I had an odd problem with one of the magazines. It worked fine at first but then it would not feed any
rounds. Pushing down on the stack to try to free it up did not work. I had to take apart the magazine and then it worked
again.

I don't have any problems with the original trigger. Holding the trigger so it doesn't release past the "click" works fine
for single action.

Do the triggers mentioned here support double and single action like the original trigger?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts