United States Marine Corps

Discussion in 'Law Enforcement & Military' started by jpinoniemi, Apr 16, 2012.

1. Hello everyone,

I'm new to the forums and am a Marine veteran. I've kept in touch with a few guys I served with on Facebook, but that comes and goes. I served after the first Desert Storm, and the closest thing to combat that our unit saw was "in support of Operation Restore Hope" in 1994 during our MEU 24 deployment.

I saw a Navy thread, so I decided to start a thread for the Marine veterans.

Boot Camp: Platoon 3095, Company K, San Diego. October 1991 - January 1992.
    MCT: Camp Pendleton, CA
    MOS School: 3043, Supply. Camp Johnson, NC
    Permanent duty station: 3rd Battalion, 2nd Marines H&S Company Supply. April 1992 - October 1995

Deployed to Okinawa from November 1992 - May 1993
    MEU 24 (Med) - May 1994 - November 1994

Never qualified with a pistol, qualified Sharpshooter with the M16 twice, best was 219 - one away from expert.

I was young when I went in - 17-1/2 and got out when I was 21-1/2. I was checking guys in that were new to our unit that were 4 years older than me, and I was getting out.

Anyway, I know I wasn't a grunt, and I don't want to get into all the "you were a pouge" bull****. I just want to give a salute to all the heroes who served and gave the ultimate sacrifice for all of us.

Thanks,
    Jason

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  2. Sorry about the lack of capitalization on the thread title. I had it capitalized when I wrote it up.

JP, I tried every which way to keep the caps on USMC, but there is a glitch in the system disallowing it, so I spelled it out for you. It deserves full honors with caps, and this was the only way I could skin this cat!

3. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Obviously my handle is sgtcowboyusmc! 77-84
    Plt 3076 June to Sept 77 Mike Co
    1st LSB 1st DSG (Later FSSG) Red Patcher Shore Partyman! No Party Like Shore Party!
    6th Award Expert Rifle, Good Cookie X2

I went to Boot Camp between my Jr and Sr yr of High School and was in the Active Reserves til I graduated then went on Active Duty.

OOHRAH SEMPER-FI!

4. Nice to meet you Sgt, and thank you for your service. I've heard of people going to boot camp while they were still in high school, but have never met someone online or in person who actually did it. What was that like?

When I was in boot camp, I missed Thanksgiving and Christmas, but I expected that. Another guy I know was in Army basic and he got to come home for a week between Christmas and New Year - during basic training. Just my opinion, but if you are in boot camp or basic, you stay in basic - no going home. It's part of the sacrifice you make serving your country.

5. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

First Off thank you for your Service to Country and Corps! It was difficult to go to school after you have been in the Corps! School and the problems there seemed really trivial. I just worked and did my own thing and tried to stay out of trouble. The Marine Corps threatened us with life and liberty if we screwed it up by getting in trouble or dropping out of school. Since I was 5 I had no other Goal in Life but to be a Marine so I kept a Low Profile and worked 35 hrs a week and went to reserve drills on weekends until I graduated and could go on Active Duty!

Yeah the Corps as always does it right! Separate Boots for Men and Women and No Pogey Bait while you are in. No Weekend Liberty. No Soft Serve Ice Cream or Soda POP.

SEMPER-FI!

6. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

3.5 years (so far) USMC reserves
    Military Police (field, not pmo)
    Operation Enduring Freedom Veteran
    2x pistol expert
    2x rifle expert
    MCRD Parris Island Dec 08-Mar 09 1st BN Charlie Co
    MCT Camp Geiger Apr 09
    Military Police School May 09- July 09

Last edited: May 14, 2012
  7. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

semper-fi marine!

8. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

78-82. Boot camp San Diego. "Swing With Wing"! VMAQ-2 DET- Y MCAS Cherry Point, NC. Detachments to Norway, Las Vegas, Japan. Nine months aboard the USS Midway. SEMPER FI !!

9. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

OOHRAH! Semper-Fi! Get a Haircut sgtglock! I know how you wingers are with the hair regs!;)

10. sgtglock

sgtglock New Member

Haircut within regs! It's the stash that would get me busted now! Lol! Kinda BUSHY!

11. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Yeah mine too!:D

12. MarinewithaGlock

MarinewithaGlock Premium Member

Thought y'all might like the magazine in the background. Semper Fi Marines!

image-3493488973.jpg

Also, to answer the eternal debate on hands in you pockets while in uniform.

Attached Files:

13. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Chesty also said you weren't really a Marine unless you had 1 office hours! I had a 1st Sgt who told me one time "Look Wright, I know you are a Big Puller Fan. Well you should have had Office Hrs at least twice I know of so stop doing thing to get in trouble for!"

14. Dusty

Dusty New Member

Just wanted to give a shout to all my brothers. Semper Fi. Stationed at Cherry Point, NC and always lookin to go shooting.

15. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

SEMPER-FI MARINE! Welcome Aboard! If ya ever get out West give me a Hollar and we can go shooting out here!;)

16. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Semper Fi Fellow Devil Dogs, USMC 1999-2007, 5811... SSGT

17. LT2108

LT2108 Administrator Staff Member Admin Moderator Lifetime Supporting Member

Ohio
    Semper Fi fellow Devil Dog !

18. jrlusmc

jrlusmc Member

Semper Fi!!!!!!

19. IRGrunt

IRGrunt New Member

Good to see a bunch of fellow Devil's on here.
    2004-Present
    Was with 2/6, Weapons Training BN, and now 3/2.
    3x Rifle Expert
    2x Pistol Expert
    Marksmanship Coach and Designated Marksman!!!

Semper Fi gents.