Glock Firearms banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got this response from our Representative today. Glad someone in Congress actually interacts with constituents.

Dear Mr. ----//----

Thank you for contacting me regarding the proposed United Nations (UN) Arms Trade Treaty. It is good to hear from you.

As you may know, the UN Arms Trade Treaty negotiations recently collapsed without an agreement. Negotiating countries will likely work to resolve their differences in the months ahead, but the path forward remains unclear. If the UN passes the treaty it must be ratified in order to take effect. It is exclusively a responsibility of the United States Senate to consider and ratify international treaties. Nevertheless, please be assured that I, as a gun owner and a Member of Congress, will always support our Second Amendment rights on legislation that comes before me.

I encourage you to contact Senator Richard Lugar and Senator Dan Coats with your views regarding treaties.

Senator Richard Lugar
306 Hart Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Senator Dan Coats
493 Russell Office Building
Washington, DC 20510

Again, thank you for contacting me, please stay in touch.

Sincerely,

Todd Rokita
Member of Congress

·
Click Click Boom
45,268 Posts
Great to hear, wish there was more like him

·
8th Gen. Fla Cracker (not creepy though)
3,451 Posts
Everyone on this forum should do just that, contact Richard Lugar and Dan Coats. Thanks for sharing; looks like you have a good Representative there.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Eye_Peeled said:
Everyone on this forum should do just that, contact Richard Lugar and Dan Coats. Thanks for sharing; looks like you have a good Representative there.
Well, everyone from Indiana, any way! These are all ‘Hoosiers’ (from Indiana) - congress & senate. We should all contact our state reps about many issues... even if we assume they aren't listening or are corrupt (like many are)... I wish I could do more for this nation... trying to find ways to make a difference.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts