Ultrasonic cleaner kudos to HappySniper1 (Like he doesn't have enough) :)

Discussion in 'Ammo & Reloading' started by BocaDan, Jul 27, 2012.

1. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Happy I followed your ultrasonic sticky and below is the end result. I got a cheapo small cleaner from Amazon that allows about 25 or so 7.62x54r cases and after 3 cycles of 480 seconds and light agitation in between, I've had great success. I used 2.5 teaspoons of Hornady case cleaner mixed to little bit more than half a liter tap water out of a filtration pitcher.

Tap water wash after the cleaner, take out to back yard, shake & tap each case to paper towels and let 'em dry in the hot Florida sun...

Thanks as always, I think I owe you a few cases of beer already over the past few months :)

[​IMG]

2. ash1012

ash1012 New Member

I was looking at this last night. I'm glad to see it worked for you. I am considering going this route as well

3. dwcfastrice

dwcfastrice Well-Known Member Lifetime Supporting Member

Nice. I've been thinkning about one to clean my pistols and rifle bolts and such....

D

4. BocaDan

BocaDan New Member

Ash this is the same exact one I got from Amazon, but beware it's a small unit with 600ml capacity - not the regular 2.5 quart ones that reloaders favor...$33.95 with free s/h

Link: http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003BG4LWS/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00

Pic: [​IMG][/IMG]

5. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

Thanks Boca, and congratulations to you!

6. Happysniper1

Happysniper1 New Member

As a side note, if you can submerge the slide and frame into the cleaning tub, use Hornady's Gun Cleaning Formula and use it to clean your Glock!

Cheers!