Glock Firearms banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not to get off base or criticize Glock, because I LOVE my 27, but what does anybody think of this?

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ENZioGLjMI[/ame]

·
Registered
35 Posts
I watched this last night. I think he was just being funny - at the end he goes into great praise of the Glock. FPS has a great clip on the Glock 17

·
Banned
202 Posts
I spent about 1 minute watching that. First off, that guy needs to find a holster for his 1911. (If you think carrying a Glock with a round chambered is dangerous, try a 1911 stuck in your belt.) Second, he muzzled himself with that Glock about 10 - 15 times just in the short amount of video I watched. That's enough for me to not bother with the rest.

·
Registered
35 Posts
iRockGlock said:
Yea I saw this.
He says he likes he's Nighthawk 1911 more than Glock.
If I paid 3 grand for a gun I would like it the most too lol
To be fair he states this several times and that dollar for dollar the Glock is an excellent gun.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I have been watching FPSRussia's videos for several months and he seems like a good guy just having fun. I read he makes very good money running those videos.

·
Registered
1,348 Posts
What he did not say is that you need to spend atleast $1000 to get a 1911 to run as reliably as a Glock

http://www.armytimes.com/offduty/technology/offduty-gear-scout-pimp-your-1911-060611w/
Actually, he said if you want a 1911 to run as reliably as a Glock you need to spend $3k like he did.

He needs to put in some range time with his $3k 1911; he missed the first 2 or 3 shots when he was shooting the 21 and it was right there on the ground in front of him.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Actually, he said if you want a 1911 to run as reliably as a Glock you need to spend $3k like he did.

He needs to put in some range time with his $3k 1911; he missed the first 2 or 3 shots when he was shooting the 21 and it was right there on the ground in front of him.
Ah yes right at the end

·
Banned
4,604 Posts
That was dumb and not just because he ruined a perfectly good Glock. It could have been a freakin high point for all i care.It was just stupid. I honestly dont think the tannerite would do that much damage with the weapon just laying on top, it looks like he actually hit it with the .308 by the damage in the middle of the frame.

I dont see him having enough vid views to recover that money from adsense.

·
Registered
15 Posts
FPS Russia is a double edged sword.
On one hand, it's fun to watch. And he makes enough money to finance that circus.
On the other hand, he doesn't seem to observe even the basics of weapon safety.
In previous videos he has said things such as "you don't need hearing protection outside" and seems to be a prime example of things new shooters shouldn't see glamorized...

As much as I enjoy the show, I feel a little uneasy when I think of all the potential 20-something's at the range with a brand new pistol and a head full of FPSRussia and Call of Duty: Modern Warfare...

·
Registered
110 Posts
What was the object, to prove if you shoot the composite frame the gun wont shoot anymore? Sometimes his videos are funny, this one is not one of my favorites.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Just what I was thinking! Sounds very much like and American actor trying to sound like a Russian on some TV shows I've seen:D
He isn't really Russian, his real name is Kyle Myers and he lives in Georgia.
The accent is him trying to mimic an old employer.

·
Registered
534 Posts
I treat my guns like my car. Always clean and in good working order. As far as the video...I expected the frame to melt in the fire! Ha! Craziness.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts