U.N. Firearms Agreement

Discussion in 'Second Amendment & Legal' started by casey97, Jul 9, 2012.

1. casey97

casey97 New Member

If the U.N. Firearms Agreement passes the US Senate you can say goodby to your firearms. Please take a minute to contact your Senators to let them know where you stand on this. I have supplied the info for Louisiana. Please add your senator's contact info to this and share it with as many people as you can.

Sen. Mary Landrieu. Call her offices:
    D.C. (202) 224-5824
    North Louisiana (318) 676-3085
    Southwest Louisiana (337) 436-6650
    South Central Louisiana (225) 389-0395
    Southeast Louisiana (504) 589 2427

Even if you can't spare the time to call, you can easily make this your facebook status for a little while so your friends who care about our second amendment rights can call her offices. Please spread this to all gun forums to get the info out to those who it effects most.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/larrybe...eement-should-have-all-gun-owners-up-in-arms/

MOLON LABE

2. casey97

casey97 New Member

Thank you for moving this to the correct area. I started to put it in here at first, but felt it should be seen by everyone. Just trying to do my part to make sure this forum remains a place to talk about firearms we own, and not about, "Remember that pistol...It was a good gun."

3. havasu

havasu Well-Known Member Supporter

I find it best to just click on the "new posts" bar, and all will pop up regardless of where the thread is posted.

4. jonm61

jonm61 New Member

You're missing one for Louisiana...we all have two.

Here's Georgia's, though they're both Republicans and I have no worries about how they'll vote on it.

Johnny Isakson
    131Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington, DC 20510
    Tel: (202) 224-3643
    Fax: (202) 228-0724

Saxby Chamblis
    416Russell Senate Office Building
    Washington,DC 20510
    Main:202-224-3521
    Fax:202-224-0103

Last edited: Jul 13, 2012
  5. casey97

casey97 New Member

The one I listed is a Democrat and has a C- NRA rating. The other is a Republican and has an A+ NRA rating.

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  6. Commissar

Commissar New Member

I actually came across a site where you can sign a petition as well as send letters to your reps. It uses your zip code tp find the appropriate senators and you can customize your letter as you wish.

It only takes a few minutes. If you value your freedom, you should do this if you haven't already done so.

http://dickmorris.rallycongress.com/7175/gun-control/?m=3292866

7. Commissar

Commissar New Member

Here is the letter I sent if anyone wants to cut and paste any of it, feel free. I want to make it easy as possible for people to have their voices be heard.

As your constituent I write to you today to express concern over the UN Arms trade treaty to be concluded on July 27th. As a home and gun owner in Monroe county Pennsylvania, this treaty concerns me for the possible impact it could have on my constitutionally guaranteed rights as an American citizen. While in some other countr ies their basic rights of freedom and self protection have already eroded, I am proud that our forefathers thought the issue so important as to put it in the Bill of Rights. I am especially alarmed that President Obama and Secretary of State Hillary Clinton seem to be fervent supporters of this treaty. Since the Senate must approve any treaties, I am hoping that you will stand firmly against US acceptance of this treaty.

While I feel my area is secure and safe, from watching the news, we all know that that security can be shattered in an instant by one violent criminal. While I certainly hope to never be placed in such a position, I would sleep better knowing that should a violent criminal break into my house or intrude on my property with intent to harm me or my family, I could use appropriate force in our defense. We have already seen how in other countries such as Canada, UK and Australia were private ownership of firearms are either heavily restricted or outright banned, that violent crimes have risen.

I live some distance from local police, and simply put no matter how dedicated or determined they are they cannot be everywhere at once, nor can they respond immediately to all calls. During a home intrusion seconds count and could mean the difference between life and death.

Thank you in advance for your time and consideration.

8. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Thanks for this link. I sent my rant and signature.

9. Danzig

Danzig I do hood rat sh%t! Supporter

Texas
    No worries from this part of Texas. NRA A+!

10. Sent mine both to saxby and Johnny this afternoon. Thank you guys for posting this thread. I'm glad we are not alone!

11. PeterEvans

PeterEvans New Member

Thank you for posting the link. I just sent mine as well. It looks like once again we have to fight to keep our rights. Sucks eh? But I suppose that's part of having a right is everyone wants to take it away.

12. Yes, a country that has citizens with no way to defend themselves make it easy for a government to MAKE them do whatever they want.

13. henerey

henerey New Member

That and I am a firm believer that one of the reason America has not bet invaded is gun owners. I believe that is why the cold war stayed cold and it was more of a nuclear arms race. Just like in the movie red dawn we Americans would fight for our country and families.... imho

14. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

I love Red Dawn. I watched it the other day. I agree with you that since most Americans are gun owners it is less likely that someone would try to invade and I'd like to keep it that way.

15. henerey

henerey New Member

16. Here's a copy I sent to my Pa senators.

I am writing you with great concern regarding current UN talks on the proposed Arms Trade Treaty (ATT).

I am asking you, as my representative in the Senate, to oppose this treaty.

Ratification of this treaty threatens to undermine constitutional protections of our sovereign citizens. Discussions this month indicate the ATT will attempt to bring into its jurisdiction the registration, transfer, and ownership of small arms by law abiding US citizens.

This directly violates the Second Amendment and gives control of US affairs to decidedly anti-US nations. Iran for instance is a key voice in the ATT talks. Mexico is also a vocal advocate for the ATT to include private arms.

Moreover, the ATT may seriously affect US foreign policy, as it may seek to restrict types, quantities, methods of acquisition, and distribution of weapons with allied nations. The UN has no legal right in seeking control of US affairs, or restrict how the United States aides her allies.

I am a supporter of Sen. Moran's "Second Amendment Sovereignty Act" S. 2205 which disallows UN control, by treaty or otherwise, of these constitutionally protected self-defense rights. In no way should the UN be allowed to restrict, lessen, dissolve, or any way impact the rights of the United States or her citizens. All procedural and legal means should be adopted and used to oppose the UN and its efforts.

As one of your constituents, I ask you to oppose the ATT and any subsequent UN effort restricting small arms with all your capability, and ask your support for S. 2205.

I will thank you for your efforts in the voting booth.

17. antek

antek New Member

sent mine in for California.

18. havik72

havik72 Senior Member

No worries out here in Utah...both senators are solid, but I appreciate you who live in not so well represented states (for 2nd amendment issues that is) and appreciate you taking the fight on there in the front lines!!!

19. casey97

casey97 New Member

First and foremost, my heartfelt prayers go out to the victims, families, and the community. It is my hope that no one will use this tragedy to advance their political desires like this UN Treaty. It is being reported the theater company in question has a strict anti-gun policy, and does not allow firearms not even licensed concealed carry. It is unfortunate, these signs and policies only disarm law abiding citizens.