Glock Firearms banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys so I purchased two brand new glocks and realized the inside of the slide by the firing pin was damaged on both. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it normal?
Hood Automotive tire Bumper Gadget Automotive exterior
Bumper Automotive exterior Wood Material property Gas
Hood Finger Bumper Eyewear Automotive exterior

·
Premium Member
13,750 Posts
I’d return them to where I bought them. If they won’t help you, the get in touch with Glock USA.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Guarantee you that Glock would be happy to send you a replacement slide if the seller will not receive the return. Glock will not stand for imperfection.

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
OP, it may not affect function at all, but it shouldn't be there either.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Hey guys so I purchased two brand new glocks and realized the inside of the slide by the firing pin was damaged on both. Has anyone else had this problem? Is it normal? View attachment 257228 View attachment 257229 View attachment 257232
Oh man, I literally JUST bought my 43x mos today at 5pm. I haven’t cleaned it or anything at all and mine looks like yours. So if everyone is saying you should return it to the store You bought it from, then should I as well? Also, what if they try to tell me it’s ok and try and convince me it’s no big deal? How should I handle it?
Finger Thumb Gadget Bumper Gas

·
Registered
459 Posts
Personally, If it is just the finish that’s rubbed off a little, I would not be concerned about it. Probably happened during the test fire. Glock’s protection of the metal is the hardening process, the finish can wear off and the gun is still fine.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Personally, If it is just the finish that’s rubbed off a little, I would not be concerned about it. Probably happened during the test fire. Glock’s protection of the metal is the hardening process, the finish can wear off and the gun is still fine.
The people who replied to the op’s concerns think he should return his. I would just hate to not take their recommendations as well, and have issues down the road. It’s like, take it back and possibly go with something else and probably be viewed as an over the top whiner by the store employees…or I try and take it back and they end up trying convince me nothings wrong with it via a 3second visual inspection and I possibly get railroaded. I’ve never been in a situation like this. And I don’t like it

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
With enough rounds thru any Glock, the breech face will show wear. That's normal. but a brand new gun with only 2 test rounds thru it? No, that's a fitting problem. I will post a pic of one of my G17's that has over 300,000 rounds thru it to show wear.

Notice that the wear is even across the face.

Telephone Communication Device Gadget Telephony Rectangle

·
Registered
11 Posts
With enough rounds thru any Glock, the breech face will show wear. That's normal. but a brand new gun with only 2 test rounds thru it? No, that's a fitting problem. I will post a pic of one of my G17's that has over 300,000 rounds thru it to show wear.

Notice that the wear is even across the face.

View attachment 257335
Wow!! I appreciate your stance on this. Thanks for your most helpful insight…I’m takin this sucker back right now

·
Registered
11 Posts
Wow..I tried to return my pistol and was told I would have to trade it in at used value even though it’s the same guy that sold it to me and yeah, he tried to tell me it’s normal wear and there’s nothing wrong with it…I’m angry beyond belief right now…oh and the guy at the gun store went on to say something along the lines of “yeah, forum people say a lot of crazy stuff and you should be weary of that, also, they might be used to how full size glocks eject casings outwards, these new smaller ones eject upwards and that’s why the wear is like that, there’s nothing wrong with the gun, smirk”. I says “that may be true, but the fact of the matter is….those crazy ppl on the forums…know WAY more about glocks then me and this issue makes me nervous when this is to be my daily carry.” I just got off the phone with Dan at Glock and he asked for pics and that’s where this is atm. Keep you all updated

·
Just an Old Gnome
100 Posts
I tried to return my pistol and was told I would have to trade it in at used value even though it’s the same guy that sold it to me
Every gun store I have ever been in treats gun sales the same way - as soon as it leaves the premises, it's yours and there are no returns. This part of the salesperson's stance is not unexpected.

For the rest, yeah - call Glock. That they didn't offer to help with that contact speaks volumes.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Every gun store I have ever been in treats gun sales the same way - as soon as it leaves the premises, it's yours and there are no returns. This part of the salesperson's stance is not unexpected.

For the rest, yeah - call Glock. That they didn't offer to help with that contact speaks volumes.
Yes your right, I honestly at that moment did not know that the standard practice of returning firearms is , there is none. I just followed frendly advice, after all, who knows, maybe I would get lucky or somethin. But I stayed freindly and respectful with the gentleman at the gun store. It’s not his fault and surely not his personal policy so no need to ruffle his feathers and look stupid in return. Business is business

·
Registered
459 Posts
I just pulled my wife’s 43x out, it has the exact same mark. It looks like it’s probably from the mfg process and does not appear to be any damage. This mark apparently is common on this model and a non-issue.

Forgot-to-wipe - I have a slightly different conclusion from SixG17’s photo. Over his 300k rounds, he has worn the finish completely off the face of the slide. Yet that wear has not affected the performance or corrosion resistance of the gun. It speaks to the quality of steel and hardening process used by Glock. Even when the finish is worn through, that should increase your confidence that the marks are not a potential issue.

Reactions: OldGnome

·
Registered
11 Posts
I just pulled my wife’s 43x out, it has the exact same mark. It looks like it’s probably from the mfg process and does not appear to be any damage. This mark apparently is common on this model and a non-issue.

Forgot-to-wipe - I have a slightly different conclusion from SixG17’s photo. Over his 300k rounds, he has worn the finish completely off the face of the slide. Yet that wear has not affected the performance or corrosion resistance of the gun. It speaks to the quality of steel and hardening process used by Glock. Even when the finish is worn through, that should increase your confidence that the marks are not a potential issue.
Roger that! Thanks for the input and referencing your wife’s pistol to mine. I appreciate you taking the time to do that. After I spoke to Dan at Glock on the phone prior to sending the pics over, there was just something about the way he explained everything and anyone with half a brain could tell he wasn’t trying to lie in the least. He was nice respectful and took the time to explain why these pistols exhibit this wear. I mean, that says somethin’…well, to me anyhow. Like you said regarding SixG17’s 300,000+ round pistol..that speaks volumes about quality. I mean 300,000 rounds!!! I’m curious what parts were replaced during that period…wow

·
Premium Member
2,695 Posts
Forgot, 7 RSA's, 3 firing pin springs***, 1 trigger spring, 1 locking block pin, 1 slide stop (the wire spring just went dead), 2 sets spring cups, 1 extractor that chipped around 200K, and 1 cracked slide (from running over 50k of P+P, which is not really a gun issue). At no time did the gun quit running, even with the cracked slide. I won't live long enough to see 600K.

*** 2 were xtra power because I was loading S&B primers which are harder.

Rectangle Wood Wooden block Tints and shades Hardwood

·
Registered
11 Posts
Forgot, 7 RSA's, 3 firing pin springs***, 1 trigger spring, 1 locking block pin, 1 slide stop (the wire spring just went dead), 2 sets spring cups, 1 extractor that chipped around 200K, and 1 cracked slide (from running over 50k of P+P, which is not really a gun issue). At no time did the gun quit running, even with the cracked slide. I won't live long enough to see 600K.

*** 2 were xtra power because I was loading S&B primers which are harder.

View attachment 257416
Good grief. Now that brings a whole new meaning to longevity!!!🤘

1 - 19 of 19 Posts