Turn 21 Wednesday

Discussion in 'Glock Forum' started by c1328chase, Apr 16, 2012.

1. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

I turn 21 in 30 hrs and 15 mins. First thing I'm doing when I wake up is going to the magistrate court to apply for my GWCL.

2. SHOOTER13

SHOOTER13 RETIRED MODERATOR Sponsor Lifetime Supporting Member

Congrats and Happy Birthday from all of us at the Glock Forum !!

3. series11

series11 Hail Commifornia Lifetime Supporting Member

Roger that!!!

4. jimmyalbrecht

jimmyalbrecht Glockn Rollin

Happy birthday man! And, we need to meet up sometime for a G23 rampage on some steel or something haha.

5. jasonbeth

jasonbeth New Member

6. CWearTX

CWearTX New Member

Happy Birthday Man!

7. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

Considering the first legal night of drinking (Tuesday at 11:59). Disavowing my posts in the favorite alcohol thread, I wonder how i will appear applying for my GWCL while hungover? Just kidding, but furreal.

8. kodiak

kodiak Active Member

Enjoy it man, once you hit 40 the time just flys by like nobodies business.

9. dmax23

dmax23 Member

happy birthday man have fun stay safe and hope you get your CCP

10. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

@dmax. I am getting it without any training whatsoever too! ;)

So the rules of gun safety are...

1: ALWAYS keep the gun pointed at your target until you decide to shoot.
    2: ALWAYS keep your finger on the trigger in order to fire a shot more quicklike.
    3: ALWAYS keep the gun loaded so you can use it when you need to.
    4: All guns are usually unloaded unless you loaded it.
    5: Shoot whoever makes you angry in descending order from most annoying to least.

11. ChromeDome

ChromeDome New Member

Methinks you might want to check out a You Tube safety vid or something before you file that application.:p LOL!!!

Have a safe and happy birthday!!!

12. dmax23

dmax23 Member

now no offence to at all !!!!!!!!! none

but how can they trust someone who hasent had training with a loaded firearm :mad:

and i hope your atleast doing some kinda traning to help prepare your self for a confrentaition??? sorry for the spelling

13. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

It has nothing to do with trust. It's a right that should not be infringed right? For example, We don't have a right to drive vehicles on public roads, we have that privilege and you must qualify by passing a test and meeting certain requirements. These scenarios are not apples to apples. This topic is for another thread, another time.

On the personal matter of training, I am third generation law enforcement. While I am not a certified LEO, I am very involved in the LE community nonetheless. I am a criminal justice major with 1 year left to graduate. I spent the last six months interning with a federal law enforcement agency, I will be spending the next 3-6 months interning with the local Sheriff's Office. There has been a loaded duty issued Glock 22 in the house as far back as I can remember. My father works K-9 for the local S.O. And the office is conveniently located at the range. Same location as the academy, the EVOC course, our EOD bunker, repo'ed vehicles, and our shoot house. I was a cadet with the U.S. Naval Sea Cadet Corps for 3 years which took me to Parris Island twice and to such trainings as Amphibious Operations Warfare training which took place at Naval Station Norfolk, Ft. Story, and Little Creek Amphib base. A few other places I have trained include the NCO academy for the 3rd ID at Ft Stewart, Admiral Farraguts Academy in St Pete, Fl, and I have only toured Quantico.

On no grounds would I ever try to say I am nearly as qualified as any Mil/LEO personnel. I do however have extensive training for someone of my age who is NOT Mil/LEO. I was afforded wonderful opportunities at the costs of the Navy/Marine Corps and the Department of Justice and I am grateful for that. I have put hundreds of rounds down range through M16 platform weapons, M249, M240B, and thousands of rounds through pistols. I am no where near where I want to be. I plan to use these opportunities and the ones that continue to come to keep building on my skills so that when I do join the military and/or a federal LE org I am
    Not only competent with these weapons but proficient.

14. dmax23

dmax23 Member

well you just blew me away on that one lol
    but i do still belive every state should have a training class but you are right on the fact that its not a right its a privilege and we shouldnt take advantage of it

15. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

Here in Free America (Arizona) we don't have to pay the Government for a card to exercise our right to carry! It just like the other Rights in the Constitution are Free!;)

16. sgtcowboyusmc

sgtcowboyusmc New Member

17. c1328chase

c1328chase Member

@sgtcowboy is it the same in wy? Do you know? I think it is.

18. dmax23

dmax23 Member

so yall dont have to have a permit ????:confused: